PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Wait?!

stevejay
16th January 2004, 06:45 AM
I've waited all my life for an app like Garage Band and now my local Applecentre are telling me I have to wait another 4 weeks and Applestore says there's a 2-3 week build time! How will I cope?! :o

Are there any fellow Mac musos out there gagging for this tool like me?

decryption
16th January 2004, 08:51 AM
Hmmm... P2P *cough* ;)

Disko
16th January 2004, 08:55 AM
lol i understand your excitement. I already use Deck LE or soundtrack for my recording needs.

afaik, garageband is very noob, and relys on a lot of MIDI (something which i detest in music). So i'm not too excited. But i'm still interested to have a play around with it should the opportunity arise. :)

stevejay
16th January 2004, 09:02 AM
From what I can gather, it uses MIDI, Acid loops AND can record, cut and shut true audio off the line or mic input - a sort of one stop shop. It's gotta be better than using rebirth and deck II on a 7600 :huh:

Radar
16th January 2004, 09:40 AM
I was looking forward to it, until I read the needed specs. Needless to say, it's going to be a very long wait until I get to have a play around with this little proggie (Actually big proggie).

Comet
16th January 2004, 11:57 AM
I wonder how it's going to come as a package. Will it be a DVD ? Or will there be several CDs for all the iLife apps?

Gothikon
17th January 2004, 08:17 AM
AFAIK iLife '04 comes on 1 CD and 1 DVD all the Apps are on the DVD, the CD has everything except for iDVD and Garage band on it.

jameso
17th January 2004, 10:23 AM
Does any one know the system requirements for GarageBand?

jameso

decryption
17th January 2004, 10:27 AM
System Requirements:

* Macintosh computer with a PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor
o 600MHz G3 or faster required for GarageBand
o G4 or faster required for GarageBand software instruments
o 733MHz G4 or faster required for iDVD
* 256MB of physical RAM
* Mac OS X v10.2.6 or later (Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later recommended)
* QuickTime 6.4 or later (QuickTime 6.5 included)
* Display with at least 1024-by-768-pixel resolution
* DVD drive required to install GarageBand and iDVD
* 4.3GB of disk space required to install GarageBand, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD; or 250MB to install iTunes, iPhoto and iMovie only.

Taken off: http://www.apple.com/ilife/

So yeah, those are minimal requirements, don't know how fast it needs to be to run smoothly.

stevejay
2nd February 2004, 07:11 AM
Argh! frustrating! The INVOICE for GarageBand arrived on Friday, but I'm still waiting for the software :(

decryption
2nd February 2004, 09:21 AM
Still waiting? hahah
You could go to your closest Apple store and pick up a copy and have it already :P

mbd
2nd February 2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by stevejay@Feb 2 2004, 07:11 AM
Argh! frustrating! The INVOICE for GarageBand arrived on Friday, but I'm still waiting for the software :(
I got my copy on Friday! :-P

Unfortunately, I dont have a mac powerful enough to run it just yet... :-\.

pipsqeek
5th February 2004, 10:41 AM
Decryption's Quote; "Hmmm... P2P *cough* "

I also have it (the invoice, not the programs). So I figured I should be allowed to get it by other means.

I've paid for something and received nothing.

Steve

stevejay
5th February 2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by decryption@Feb 2 2004, 10:21 AM
Still waiting? hahah
You could go to your closest Apple store and pick up a copy and have it already :P
Mine arrived Tuesday and I'm just blown away by it - fantastic piece of software. Now I've just gotta get a USB-MIDI cable for the family Casio and rig up my mixer so it doesn't take up desk space :)

And in response to the quoted post, I just checked with my local Applecenter and they say still another week (read two!) befiore they have stock.

cmetom
5th February 2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by RocketFactory@Feb 2 2004, 02:45 PM
Unfortunately, I dont have a mac powerful enough to run it just yet... :-\.
i have a similar problem... will P2P upgrade my hardware?

:lol: