PDA

View Full Version : Decompress multiple archives to the same folder?

dantheman65
7th March 2008, 08:22 PM
I used to love this functionality in WinRAR but so far I've tried about 3 programs for MacOS and none do it.

I'm basically looking to be able to select several archives and have them all decompressed to the same folder.

Any suggestions?

froggy
7th March 2008, 08:32 PM
I used to love this functionality in WinRAR but so far I've tried about 3 programs for MacOS and none do it.

I'm basically looking to be able to select several archives and have them all decompressed to the same folder.

Any suggestions?
I'm interested to know which programmes you've tried. I thought that The Unarchiver (http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html) could do what you want, but I haven't tried it in a while.

Cheers,
Andrew

dantheman65
7th March 2008, 08:39 PM
I tried the unarchiver but I couldn't get it to perform that way. I'll have another go but I'm fairly certain it doesn't.

dantheman65
7th March 2008, 08:43 PM
Ah sorry I wasn't clear with what I was searching for. I'm actually looking for a program that will allow me to select multiple folders (each with archives in them) and have them all extracted to the same folder.

grfxninja
7th March 2008, 08:51 PM
UnRarX - Mac OS X RAR Extraction Utility (http://www.unrarx.com/) - you can select what folder to extract to, then drop your files onto it and they will be extracted to the folder you specified.

Is that what you mean?

dantheman65
7th March 2008, 08:54 PM
Not quite but I'll try it.

I need a program that will almost 'scan' a few folders I select, find archives within them then decompress those archives to a single folder.

WinRAR does it by selecting several folders, right clicking and extracting all to a single folder.

grfxninja
7th March 2008, 09:00 PM
hmmm, you might be able to drop those folders onto the app, and it will decompress any archives to the specified folder, but I haven't tried it, so I don't know…

EDIT: yes, it will do this, but you have to have UnrarX open first with your selected folder already chosen. I didn't manage to get Automator to do it for me yet…