PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Apple Australia ITS prices??

theov
6th March 2008, 06:43 AM
Howdy All

has anybody else noticed cheaper AUITS prices, I bought a song yesterday and my credit card has come up with a $1.00 charge from the iTunes store.

Does this mean we are finally getting decently priced songs??

theov

mechcon
6th March 2008, 06:49 AM
Well, they're still $1.69 in the store.. So no :| And besides, why should we get decent prices anyway?

tcn33
6th March 2008, 07:28 AM
Didn't notice that, but it does look like the 80GB and 160GB iPod classic went down by $30 this morning.

ozboi
6th March 2008, 07:37 AM
Well I'd certainly hope they would, what with the strong Aussie dollar and all. But it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, or if it didn't last long.

MrJesseRoss
6th March 2008, 07:54 AM
Well I bought 3 albums off iTunes (a couple of Ween and the new Nick Cave) on Tuesday, all at once, and the invoice only shows two.

Maybe this means that iTunes now has a buy 2 get one free thing going on now?

mechcon
6th March 2008, 08:13 AM
Or it's a mistake on their behalf..

Goodbye
6th March 2008, 08:17 AM
Well I'd certainly hope they would, what with the strong Aussie dollar and all. But it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't, or if it didn't last long.

Pricing of songs and albums on the iTS has nothing to do with prices in the US. The structure here was worked out independently of the USA.

mechcon
6th March 2008, 08:19 AM
so in other words, it may well not go down, ever :)

palais
6th March 2008, 10:18 AM
The $1.00 charge could be just an authorisation to check the validity of your CC. Is it the first time you have used the store? Or that credit card? Have you checked your balance again?

jdub
6th March 2008, 10:59 AM
Well I bought 3 albums off iTunes (a couple of Ween and the new Nick Cave) on Tuesday, all at once, and the invoice only shows two.

Maybe this means that iTunes now has a buy 2 get one free thing going on now?

I've made a few purchases off iTunes recently and I've noticed that. I rarely get all of the invoices at once but they turn up eventually.

theov
6th March 2008, 11:09 AM
I use the store regularly and my card usually shows up immediately with at least a balance reduction if not necessarily the transaction itself, however all that has occured this time is the $1.00 charge.

Interesting i think...

theov

Kuma
6th March 2008, 11:10 AM
I've made a few purchases off iTunes recently and I've noticed that. I rarely get all of the invoices at once but they turn up eventually.

Its all to do with CC billing... it is better for apple to charge once... so they wait a bit before billing you.. incase you make more purchases....