PDA

View Full Version : Apple to release 10.4.12?

paulharrop
5th March 2008, 06:59 PM
This article suggests in might happen.

Macenstein | Apple set to release OS X 10.4.12 (http://macenstein.com/default/archives/1194)

Paul :confused::confused:

LarryH
5th March 2008, 07:00 PM
Thats like Microsoft releasing SP3 for XP

Why?

MrJesseRoss
5th March 2008, 07:09 PM
Well Tiger's still a supported OS, so why shouldn't they be fixing a few bugs and security holes?

There's still a lot of people running 10.4 and earlier, so it makes sense.

cosmichobo
5th March 2008, 07:29 PM
Mm. I wonder how many "supported" Macs (ie not THAT ancient) can run 10.4, but can't run 10.5?

I still use 10.4.9 though anyway...

LarryH
5th March 2008, 07:42 PM
Some Mac Minis can't run Leopard I believe.

dev_enter
5th March 2008, 07:45 PM
Thats like Microsoft releasing SP3 for XP

Why?
So you're saying it's going to happen then?

I decided my Mac mini G4 1.42 didn't run Leopard well enough, so I changed it back to Tiger.

Brains
5th March 2008, 09:22 PM
There is a small possibility that Apple will release a 10.4.12, but I don't see it happening. What will happen is that Apple will release security, Java and webkit updates for older versions of OS X, just as they still release the occasional update for 10.3.

Thats like Microsoft releasing SP3 for XP. Why?

Windows XP Service Pack 3 has been in developer testing since late last year, with Release Candidates available to the brave and/or foolhardy since January. Expect the full SP3 update to appear late March or early April. No, i am not making this up.

(Of late, it seems Microsoft are more prepared to provide a longer support-life for their products than Apple can.)

hiredgoon
6th March 2008, 09:18 PM
does anyone think that bootcamp wlll run on this?

MrJesseRoss
6th March 2008, 09:24 PM
The Bootcamp beta ended when Leopard was released.

thorevenge
6th March 2008, 09:25 PM

All Minis can. But performance might suck is all.

hiredgoon
6th March 2008, 09:41 PM
half goon... so youre saying i will never get bootcamp to work !?!? if i dont get leopard?

kim jong il
6th March 2008, 09:43 PM

What Minis don't conform to minimum Leopard specs? The base model oldest Mini is a 1.25Ghz PPC with Firewire. I cant remember if the Radeon 9200 doesn't support Core Image but I'd be kind of surprised...

Enlighten me someone. :)

EDIT: It doesn't. So does that mean Leopard will not install on the early Minis like LarryH suggests?

MrJesseRoss
6th March 2008, 09:46 PM
half goon... so youre saying i will never get bootcamp to work !?!? if i dont get leopard?

As far as I know, it's not supported any more for 10.4 machines. I think I read that it's not even possible to set it up, but I don't know for sure.

phoenixonline
6th March 2008, 10:13 PM
As far as I know, it's not supported any more for 10.4 machines. I think I read that it's not even possible to set it up, but I don't know for sure.

Your correct in that it isnt supported however if you set your system clock back a year or so before running the bootcamp utility under 10.4 it should work fine.

Its just a system date check in the utilities code after all.

Once you have the bootcamp partition setup it will keep on working into the future.