PDA

View Full Version : iP5000 Driver Problem

matttt88
19th March 2005, 07:21 PM
Hi, Ive had an Canon iP5000 for a while and have had it connected to my windows computer, sharing to my faimly's other windows computers. Works 100%, Love the printer.

I can set it up on my mac if the printer is directly connected by USB. But you would think i could get it to print from my mac to the windows machine that is sharing it over the network? Nuh!!!

What is going on, Where is the driver file that comes with it that i can point the printer setup utility in the right direction to find it. The setup that is on the CD and you download from the net is no help at all, it is an auto config thing that is only for if it is directly connected (by USB).

Thanks.

Matt.

matttt88
20th March 2005, 03:34 PM
No one know what im on about? :P

Rayd
20th March 2005, 04:41 PM
have you tried opening "printer setup utility and click add printer (if it isnt already there) and then go through the options till you get it ? :) also have you checked if "windows sharing" is on in sharing prefrences?

matttt88
21st March 2005, 01:54 PM
Yes its all enabled, I have a Epson Colour 400 setup which is shared on the same computer, it works because osx has the driver built in.

I just need a ghost script driver i think. Why cant osx retreive the driver from the windows machine like windows does?

matttt88
21st March 2005, 01:58 PM
Sorry not ghost script, dont ask where i got that from lol...

Fear
22nd March 2005, 04:15 PM
have you tried Gimp Print OSX (http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3) ?