PDA

View Full Version : dot mac & ical

melbdean
26th February 2008, 07:22 PM
hi, i have been successfully using ical on macbook, imac and nokia phone all via isync. i recently began a dotmac trial and published/subscribed the calendars. until a week ago, all was running smoothly. now neither mac will allow me to create a new event in ical.
i live by the alarms (including for to-do's) in my calendars. i'm hurting real bad.
any ideas? maybe i just accidentally (un)checked an option somewhere?
thanks

richbowen
26th February 2008, 08:05 PM
(1) In terms of adding a new iCal event are you sure that you are in a calendar that allows you to add a new event? For example, if you've highlighted the "birthdays" calendar you won't be able to add a new event in iCal (birthdays must be added via Address Book)

(2) If you think it's a sync problem ...

(a) I think the standard solution for dotmac sync problems is to ensure you have a good copy of your data on one of your machines.

Then from dotmac system prefs go to [advanced] and unregister the other computers. Maybe even reset the sync data. The re-register and perform a new sync.

(b) Do the same in iSync for your phone. Maybe reset the phone in iSync.

Hope one of those helps.

melbdean
28th February 2008, 07:37 PM
hi richbowen,
(1) yes, definitely in calendars that allow -they are the same cals i have used for 2 yrs.
(2a) problem is, i can't unsubscribe or unpublish and i'm not keen (yet) on deleting everything and starting again
(2b) i was thinking maybe i should keep the phone with the current data as it is all stored in one/the same calendar, then delete the cal's on the computers, re-sync from the phone. even tho they would be restored in 1 cal rather then my 3, at least the event dates would be correct. but i'm still worried that i wont be able to use my icals to enter events. and that is what i want.
if you think of anything, please let me know
i tried 133MAC and they pushed me to the online .mac help. they just keep sending me links to useless articles and telling me to call 133MAC -next time i get a spare hour, i might do that.

themessup
28th February 2008, 07:42 PM
has i got anything to do with the .mac being a trial?

silverdreamer
28th February 2008, 08:01 PM
The dotmac trial won't be the problem Tommy, It's only limitations are on storage capacity.

What operating system are you using on the Macs? If on Leopard, have you set up time machine?