PDA

View Full Version : Menu Bars

pipsqeek
14th April 2004, 06:49 PM
Just wondering if someone might know about how to get an applications Menu bar over to the extended desktop? ie: second monitor.

And if its also possible for the dock as well?

I have a 900MHz G3 iBook that I enabled extended display with. because it just makes more sense to get what I PAID FOR...APPLE!

The problem I am having is when I use an app in the external monitor, I have to come all the way over to the iBook monitor to go to the menu.

Is there a fix to this, or a trick or something that can enable me to put the applications menu bar, in the same monitor as the application?

Steve.

Gothikon
14th April 2004, 09:23 PM
I haven't tried ,multiple desktop myself in OS X, however if it's anything like OS 9 days, which it probably is, you can only have the menu bar on one screen but you should be able to choose which screen. In fact now that I think about it a guy does this with his 12" P'Book at work, everything is run on the external monitor (including menu bars) and the P'book screen is just for iChat and iTunes

pipsqeek
14th April 2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, this is what I have been doing myself.

Seems like the only option available.

Thanks

Steve

WonderBoy
29th April 2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Apr 14 2004, 06:49 PM
I have a 900MHz G3 iBook that I enabled extended display with. because it just makes more sense to get what I PAID FOR...APPLE!

The problem I am having is when I use an app in the external monitor, I have to come all the way over to the iBook monitor to go to the menu.
What super iBook is this? I thought iBooks only supported video mirroring.

LCGuy
29th April 2004, 07:57 PM
They do, but there's a hack you can install that will let them run an extended desktop on an external screen.

Currawong
29th April 2004, 08:26 PM
In the Desktop System Pref Pane where you arrange the monitors, you can drag the menu bar to either monitor.

WonderBoy
30th April 2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by LCGuy@Apr 29 2004, 07:57 PM
They do, but there's a hack you can install that will let them run an extended desktop on an external screen.
Really? Where do I get it??

the_argon
30th April 2004, 10:21 AM
A quick google turned up this:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...021024062517608 (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021024062517608)

Remember, google knows all...