PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Mouse acting crazy when Airport is Switched On

bleach1st
22nd February 2008, 06:51 PM
Hi :) I just got my wireless set up today and have been using it today and have noticed that my Logitech G7 Wireless mouse is acting very oddly when my airport is switched on. When moving the mouse smoothly the mouse moves with it then sometimes jumps to the corner of the screen and then recovers and then sends my cursor flying. It sort of feels like the computer freezing slightly and then trying to make up for the missed time by throwing the mouse in the direction i was previously moving my mouse in.
I thought it might be my mouse but as soon as you turn off the wireless the crazy mouse movement stops and everything goes back to normal. Anyone got any ideas what's happening

I have a 15" 2.4GHz MacBookPro3,1 (current model) and am running Mac OS X 10.4.11.
The mouse is a black Logitech G7 Mouse that runs of 2.4GHz wireless and my wireless box is a NetGear WPN824.

My only thought is that the mouse and wireless router both state they are working on '2.4GHz' which I'm not sure what that means but it the same frequency so... :confused::confused:

Wally
22nd February 2008, 07:13 PM
make sure your wireless firmware is the most current.

zmit
22nd February 2008, 07:38 PM
they are running off slightly different frequencies, but i guess it might be worth changing the airport channel to the other end of the spectrum to see if that helps at all? purely speculation

bleach1st
22nd February 2008, 09:14 PM
i just updated the firmware on the wireless box today... :(
As for the channel idea I'll have a look into it... :)

Thanks for the replys guys :D

bleach1st
12th March 2008, 04:01 PM
anyone got any other ideas why it might be doing it? It's still doing it and it's as annoying as hell :P

azenis
12th March 2008, 04:22 PM
I have a MX Revolution and experience something simliar on my PC (still waiting for the mac to arrive) Its almost like an old ball mouse with crap on the rollers. You move the mouse and then the pointer stops for a few seconds and you shake the mouse i dont know why just cos thats what you did with ball mice and it comes good.

Most annoying especially when working in protools or photoshop...

I also have a wifi router running but dont think its related.

Prior to the MX I had a G7 and it caused no end of problems. Actually it may have done what you describe too? But it caused an issue with windows that was most odd. Moving one window over the top of another, for example MSN messenger over firefox, the computer would not redraw the bottom window properly. I tried EVERYTHING to fix it - reinstall XP, drivers, software, tried a different video card etc I was at my wits end. Then I plugged my wifes trackball into the computer and the problem went away. Plugged the G7 back in and it was back. Plugged it into wifes computer and hers got the problem.

Such a shame cos it was a great mouse, I took it back and swapped it for another one and that caused the same problem, so I got a refund and got the MX which works better but is still not perfect. Hope it doesnt have the glitch on the mac...

mjankor
12th March 2008, 04:39 PM
Does it do it after a restart?

If not, does it only happen after the MBP has been sleeping?