PDA

View Full Version : NextgBigpond / Telstra turbo manager

emacmark
21st February 2008, 09:06 AM
Hey everyone,

I have just installed Nextg on my iMac and its running quite fast, compared to my ISDN that is.

I have a small problem that Bigpond or Telstra seem unable to solve.

I have Nextg through Bigpond and am using the blue Bigpond modem.

Somehow, either via the install CD or by me trying to update the software, I have ended up with Telstra Turbo Modem manager (designed for portables) in my top grey Bar, it sits next to the Bigpond Connection Manager (designed for desktops).

I am trying to work out how to remove the Telstra Turbo Manager. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Any help appreciated

Mark

Wally
21st February 2008, 09:26 AM
Hold down command, and click and drag the Turbo manager icon to your desktop and poof its gone

emacmark
21st February 2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Tried to do as suggested, and it will not move at all. I closed down the bigpond connection, still couldn't budge the telstra turbo icon.

The icon? is just a set of signal bars. Strangely, when I click on the bars, it drops down a menu that is all grayed out except for open modem preferences. When i click on modem preferences, it opens up my Bigpond modem preferences. Now telstra support (not bigpond) tell me they have no idea why their progam is talking to the bigpond modem.

Mark

Wally
21st February 2008, 09:47 AM
Thats Bigpond for you :)

Don't be afraid to ask for someone who knows Macs :)

Currawong
21st February 2008, 09:57 AM
Is the Telstra software installer like a standard Mac OS X installer? If so, you could probably find out all the files it's installed and then delete whatever it's put in the menu bar. I'd see if there wasn't a Telstra Modem Manager program floating around your computer, maybe in /Library/Application Support.

emacmark
21st February 2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestion currawong, couldn't find any files tho applicable to the telstra turbo modem, just a connection log for the bigpond modem.