PDA

View Full Version : Receiving faxes on OSX

billybob
17th March 2005, 11:15 AM
Howdy,

I have set my Mac to recieve faxes for me. in the prefs there are options to set like printing the fax when it arrives or having the machine send it to you via email. The printing works well but I would really like to work out how to get it to send it via email but it's not working.

I have tried just entering in an email address, didn't work. Tried adding the contact to the address book and selecting it but that didn't work either.

We do have a 3rd party mail server running on that system and I was wondering if that has disabled any smtp server the OS would be trying to use to send the fax?

Ultimately we will be moving the fax functionality over to another machine so if it's the mail server causing the problem we will solve it there but for interests sake does anyone think it's something else?

billybob
18th March 2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by billybob@Mar 17 2005, 11:15 AM
I would really like to work out how to get it to send it via email but it's not working.

Ultimately we will be moving the fax functionality over to another machine so if it's the mail server causing the problem we will solve it there but for interests sake does anyone think it's something else?
For anyone interested this turns out to be a bug that Apple hasn't fixed. The solution is here

http://www.rwts.com.au/FaxEmailHelper/