PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Freeze!

silverdreamer
16th February 2008, 11:23 AM
Was just chatting on my Macbook through ichat when Time machine kicked in for it's scheduled back up.

my Macbook is now frozen, and will not respond. I have mouse function, Magnification on the Dock, and nothing else works.

Took theattery out. Restarted, same result, frozen macbook.

Any clues anyone, Please? :(

purana
16th February 2008, 11:24 AM
Hold power button. Shutdown? and restart, see if it happens again?

silverdreamer
16th February 2008, 11:33 AM
Hold power button. Shutdown? and restart, see if it happens again?

Read the Post Purana, took the Battery out, same result. Twice.

At the moment it is back upand running, but the only thoing working is the mouse, magnification on dock, and strangly, one chat.
:confused:

purana
16th February 2008, 11:35 AM
Read the Post Purana, took the Battery out, same result. Twice.

Do it again, and disable time machine. Confirm that time machine is causing it. With it disabled, then re-enable and reset the drive it should use.

See if it then continues once its been disabled, re-enabled and setup again.

silverdreamer
16th February 2008, 11:39 AM
Do it again, and disable time machine. Confirm that time machine is causing it. With it disabled, then re-enable and reset the drive it should use.

See if it then continues once its been disabled, re-enabled and setup again.
Thanks for your concern Purana, on the phone to applecare now, let you know how it goes.

If you hear a loud cry of anguish from the North............

purana
16th February 2008, 11:42 AM
I think you'll need to diagnose it a little further, as even at this stage you cannot say its hardware or even a software fault.

Good Luck.

silverdreamer
16th February 2008, 07:37 PM
Update.

Okay. So a complete re-install of leopard was required. As a result everything is back up and running fine. :) I have lost my Mail, but that's a simple matter to restore from time machine, probably get around to it in the morning.

All's well that ends well, but I still don't know what caused the freeze. :confused: