PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto Book Help !!!

kenexx
15th February 2008, 04:15 PM
I have just spent a little while creating a book in iPhoto. When I click on Buy Book I get a pop up that says:

Incomplete Book
Your book seems to have frames on one or more pages that do not contain photos. You must either change the layout of those pages or place photos in those frames before you can buy this book.

When I click OK it immediately takes me to page 4 of the book. I have changed the layout of page 4 several times and there are photos in every frame on all pages.

I'm really at a loss and I dont want to scrap the whole thing at this stage and begin again. :confused:

Anybody with some experience with photo books have any ideas?

james the 2nd
15th February 2008, 04:21 PM
I don't know about deleting the book.. but you can duplicate the book by ctrl clicking on it in the left hand column of iphoto.

I'd suggest creating a duplicate and then working with that. Try deleting that page in the duplicate and add a new page in its spot and recreate that page..

see how ya go..

mthomas1506
15th February 2008, 07:11 PM
Hi there,

When you click OK after the error message, it takes you back to the last page you were looking at, not where the error is. The message indicates there is a layout somewhere in the book that has a blank drop zone. Find it, and add a photo or change the layout, and you should be all good :)

mthomas1506
15th February 2008, 07:13 PM
Read your post through carefully after replying- missed the part the first time saying there's photos on all pages!

It does illustrate my point, though- are you *sure* you haven't missed one? Look very carefully, I think. If it's a hardcover book, be aware of the drop zones on the inside front and back flaps of the dust jacket- I missed those for a while...

kenexx
15th February 2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks or all the replies so far. :)

This is truly driving me insane. I have checked and rechecked that there is a pic in every frame. it is a hard cover and I have dropped pics on the front inside flap and also the last page inside flap and also the back of the dust jacket.

I have created a duplicate and then a duplicate of the duplicate and nothing works. :mad:

I really think I'm going to have to scrap it and begin again - just dont have confidence that it's going to work doing it the second time from scratch.

jcsydney
18th February 2008, 05:55 AM
Kenex
goto the page that it keeps pointing you too after the error pops up....
change the background and then try it...

I was having same problems....after a while did that and it worked.
GL
jc

der
18th February 2008, 11:40 PM
this drove me nuts as well, but do as jc says re the background