PDA

View Full Version : New update=troubles with myspace - please help

Learner
14th February 2008, 04:23 PM
I installed the update this morning and ever since I've noticed that myspace is now unable to open the player (error loading XML document) and same with the picture bar as well (server is busy note but still working on my mate's pc). Can anyone help me to rectify this or will I have to wait for the new update to fix it?

I checked out flash and they didn't have any help for me. Would it be some kind of setting that a computer noob wouldn't be able to find? Any help appreciated cheers

Beau
14th February 2008, 11:46 PM
Dont know about a fix, but you should be able to use Firefox as a workaround for the time being :-)

MrJesseRoss
14th February 2008, 11:51 PM
What do you mean the 'player'? The music player?

Because I'm having no trouble playing music on Myspace pages, running 10.5.2 on my Macbook. Maybe it's something else?

Learner
15th February 2008, 08:22 AM
Beau, I'm already using the latest version of firefox and wouldn't use anything else. On that note, maybe I should try safari...

Yep safari worked it lol. Nice one firefox:confused:

Half goon, yes it is the music player as well as the photo slider. I thought after all day yesterday and now today as well that it might have just been a server problem through myspace but it constantly comes up with the same problems. It just seemed to start happening straight after I downloaded the update so I'm hunting answers.

The machine is a 867 MHz G4 with 1 GB SD RAM running OSX 10.4.11. Should I not have run an update or something??? If it is something else, any ideas what it might be. I'm hoping its limitations to firefox at this stage.

danno74
15th February 2008, 09:06 AM
I would change over to Facebook - that should fix the problems :)

Learner
15th February 2008, 09:26 AM
Danno I'm not interested in entering a 'this is better than that scenario' here. For the record I am on facebook as well and it doesn't suit a band account.

I just want to know how to get firefox to open these players without errors. Does anyone know how to configure this? I've been through the firefox preferences and couldn't find anything to my knowledge that would alter any flash player settings.

Cheers

danno74
15th February 2008, 09:30 AM
Okay mate, take a chill pill - and get a sense of humour. You can actually have a Facebook band account.

Learner
25th February 2008, 12:24 PM
Ok well it's nice that my post got deleted on the grounds that 'personal attacks are not tolerated' when I'm being told to take a chill pill and get a sense of humour.

I don't take kindly to people telling me how to behave. Especially when they don't even know me and just post rubbish in here to get their post count up.

I asked a legitimate question and instead, my topic of discussion was spammed and led in a direction other than it was intended and I was aggravated by that.

danno74, could you possibly post something helpful to my question rather than spamming and bumsteering my original post?

I don't have time for your crap and I don't take kindly to your advice. It wasn't necessary nor has it done you or me any good.

GFC

SilverJ
25th February 2008, 02:53 PM
Ok..
I'd suggest ensuring you have the latest flash and java and all the software updates from Apple.. I also wouldn't rule out the fact that it is a fault with MySpace. Try it again tomorrow for example and see if it works, I use a Mac on Tiger and a Mac on Leopard and both play songs off profiles fine for me.