PDA

View Full Version : new/ improved .mac features

ilostmypassword
13th February 2008, 08:17 AM
Great news for .mac users as part of the recent 2.7mb download

- Full-size JPEG downloads. Using iPhoto 08 7.1.2, you can now choose to let visitors download your full-size JPEGs (highest resolution), or images optimized for 16-by-20-inch prints (smaller file size).

- Standalone photo albums. Also using iPhoto 08 7.1.2, you can publish standalone albums that do not appear on your Web Gallery home page. These are ideal for sharing photos intended for a select audience.

- Password-protected movies. Using iMovie 08 7.1.1, you can now require visitors to enter a password to view or download specific movies from your Web Gallery.

-Web Gallery subscriptions. Visitors can now subscribe to your entire Web Gallery with a single RSS feed. The feed is updated any time new photos or movies are added, so subscribers can stay up to date automatically.

-Aperture support. Aperture 2.0 users can now publish directly to .Mac Web Gallery. You get all the publishing features of iPhoto 08, plus an option to allow visitors to download your original RAW files.

I'm hooked on .mac- so very happy with these additional features.

Hamsmyth
13th February 2008, 08:36 AM
Always good to see new things for .mac, but these updates don't excite me at all. I just don't use that area of .mac.

Goodbye
13th February 2008, 08:45 AM
Woo. hoo.

ilostmypassword
13th February 2008, 08:47 AM
Always good to see new things for .mac, but these updates don't excite me at all. I just don't use that area of .mac.

yeah- i think that it's where it's at when it comes to .mac- so so easy to just plug in the camera and upload.

ilostmypassword
13th February 2008, 08:47 AM
Woo. hoo.

yeeeeeee. haaaaaaaaa.
:p

jml383
13th February 2008, 09:09 AM
Great news for .mac users as part of the recent 2.7mb download

- Full-size JPEG downloads. Using iPhoto 08 7.1.2, you can now choose to let visitors download your full-size JPEGs (highest resolution), or images optimized for 16-by-20-inch prints (smaller file size).

This is what I am really looking forward to. I was really not happy that it reduced the quality on d/l for others. Nice work apple!!

Galumay
13th February 2008, 09:16 AM
nice! thats a few nice updates