PDA

View Full Version : "Space" issue with iStats Menu

ahixon2112
13th February 2008, 01:34 AM
I’m having an issue with “Space” not working between date/time elements since I tried to change it up. Any way to reset it?

ahixon2112
13th February 2008, 07:15 AM
I just wanted to elaborate on the issue since after reading it again it seems a little vague.

The issue I'm having is with the date/time display on the menu bar. I went into the preferences and adjusted the elements that are displayed. After doing so, all the elements run together on the menu bar even though the spaces are there in the preferences menu.

For example, I have it set to look like "Tuesday 4:00 PM" in the preferences menu, but instead it looks like "Tuesday4:00PM". It does it no matter what elements I use. However, it does recognize every other character, just not a space. Also, it displays fine on initial install. It only seems to occur after you adjust the elements in any way in the Date/Time section of the iStats preferences pane.

iSlayer
13th February 2008, 09:01 AM
It appears 10.5.2 has changed the way token fields work. We will have a fix in the next few days

Pyk
13th February 2008, 02:52 PM
If you're looking for an immediate solution, put a piece of punctuation everywhere you want a space then open the iStat Menu preferences file and change your punctuation to spaces. Then in iStat preferences just turn the clock off then back on.

ahixon2112
14th February 2008, 01:48 AM
Thanks! That worked. I'll grab the update when it's ready.

Thanks again for the follow-up guys.

BassProCM
18th February 2008, 03:29 PM
If you're looking for an immediate solution, put a piece of punctuation everywhere you want a space then open the iStat Menu preferences file and change your punctuation to spaces. Then in iStat preferences just turn the clock off then back on.

Awesome suggestion...worked perfectly.

iSlayer
21st February 2008, 09:47 PM
http://islayer.com/software/iStatmenus/istat_menus_1.21.zip
Let us know if it doesnt fix the problem