PDA

View Full Version : iSub power supply

thebag
15th March 2005, 02:41 PM
Hi All,

Last night my iSub power supply gave up the ghost. Was wondering if anyone knew where to obtain a replacement one in Australia. Or if possible to have the one I have fixed.

Another option I would consider is buying a complete Sub and power supply if prices were right.

I rather like my iSub so I would really like to get it up and running again.

thanks

Mark

purana
15th March 2005, 02:56 PM
Does it have a special connector? If it just looks like a standard powerpack DC one.. Just go get a replacement with the same voltage output and polarity on the plug from jaycar ;)

thebag
15th March 2005, 02:59 PM
It has a special 3 pin connector unfortunately

It is 15VDC output at 2 amps

Mark

yinyang
15th March 2005, 03:16 PM
try these guys....

http://www.conexus.com.au/contact-us/

they're the AU distributors for HK - i bought an iSub through ebay a while ago from the US and had to get the power supply from them since the included one was only 110V. Can't remember exactly how much it was, but around the $70 mark

hawker
15th March 2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by yinyang@Mar 15 2005, 03:16 PM
i bought an iSub through ebay a while ago from the US and had to get the power supply from them since the included one was only 110V.
And that iSub is still going well ;)

thebag
4th August 2005, 12:34 PM
Hi All,

Just a final note to fininsh this off with.

You can no longer buy genuine iSub power supplies any more.

After searching around to try and find a replacement power supply, and the price varying between $30 and $150(Could not justify paying $60+ in case the sub itself was stuffed).

I finally bit the bullet and got a generic power supply from tricky dicky(DSE). It is a 240V(AC) to 13.8v(DC) at 1.5Amps for $20. Wasn't sure if there would be enough power to drive the sub, but it was worth a shot

After some butchering with the wire cutters(removing original plug from the iSub power supply and the new plug from the new power supply),a little bit of solder and HEY PRESTO, the sub is in action again.

And haven't I missed it.

Hope this of help to someone

Mark