PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Mod: Finder Scroll Bars

Hamsmyth
5th February 2008, 12:02 PM
I couldn't find that big Leopard Mods folder, perhaps a mod might like to place this in there.

Anyway, I have discovered a mod to change the finders scrollbars to the iTunes style graphite scroll bars. See pic.

For some reason Apple left the scroll bars on the bright blue candy style. This allows you convert it to the same scrolls as iTunes. IMO it looks much more unified with the Leopard theme.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/tom_west86/Other/Picture2.jpg

heres this link:

http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16782387

Instead of just overwriting the file (didi't work for me). Try trashing the original file (after you've backed up a copy somewhere) and then put the new file in.

MrJesseRoss
5th February 2008, 12:30 PM
Ooh, I like the look of that. I much prefer iTunes' scrollbars to the Aqua style.

Actually, is it possible to use this to mod other apps? I'd love it if Safari could use this as well.

Hamsmyth
5th February 2008, 12:48 PM
Ooh, I like the look of that. I much prefer iTunes' scrollbars to the Aqua style.

Actually, is it possible to use this to mod other apps? I'd love it if Safari could use this as well.

Me too, but I cant find a mod that will change safari unfortunately.

PowerPC
5th February 2008, 05:01 PM
You can change the scrollbars everywhere to be gray colored in System Preferences. Look under Appearance and select the Graphite look. As a side effect the candy colored traffic lights turn graphite as well.

It's not identical to the flat iTunes scrollbar, it'll still have the lickable aqua style there.

MrJesseRoss
6th February 2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, so, all my scrollbars are now iTunes style. I just realised it then.

This is cool.

I guess that file that modifies the Finder scrollbars is the one that controls all of them. Huh.

visional_studios
6th February 2008, 12:57 PM
Me too, but I cant find a mod that will change safari unfortunately.

The mod changed my Safari scroll bars to the iTunes style.

Hamsmyth
11th February 2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah mine have now updated too, it took a restart to do it. Looks way better than before.

killerpunch
11th February 2008, 10:25 PM
I agree, simple but very cool

Nice find Hamsmyth!

dotnet
11th February 2008, 11:35 PM
I wonder what's taking them so long to streamline and standardise their bloody UI...

I've switched to "graphite" long ago, the blue toothpaste theme got long in the tooth (sic!) about 3 days after release...

Cheers
Steffen.