PDA

View Full Version : Software For A Vet Practice

corowakid
4th February 2008, 05:06 PM
I know this is a bit way out, but I want to help a friend and convert him to Apple. He and his wife are starting a small veterinary practice in our town, and he's deciding on what computer setup he installs. His major concern is for a program (low cost if possible) to keep track of customers; their dogs; dates and times examined; flags for follow up; and possibly some areas he's not totally up with at the moment.

Would anyone know of a program(s) that would suit his needs? I sounds a bit CRM to me, but he's not flush enough to fork out for the high end programs on offer. A good programmer could possibly do an Access spreadsheet system with a nice front end (sort of like Bookpedia), or there might already be one. He will not want to run his financial from the program.

I appreciate this is a bit lacking on detail, but I hope someone might have had a similar need, or knows someone who did, and can tell me what happened and how they went about it.

All help greatly appreciated, and I know my friend wil switch to Apple totally if he can get something that works. Thanks for any help.

Dubhousing
4th February 2008, 05:33 PM
Bento might be adequate for this

Dante Kyar
4th February 2008, 05:38 PM
a google search shows a few promising links (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=vet+practice+software+%2B+mac&btnG=Search&meta=)

Particularly the first one i clicked on which showed a bunch of them. (http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/macsimum_migration_kit_veterinary_software_for_the _mac)

corowakid
4th February 2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys - why didn't I Google first before writing. I appreciate your inputs - my mate has limited means and I'd like to see him set in some way. I'll go over what you've turned up and get under way. Thanks.

froggy
4th February 2008, 06:52 PM
I have a friend who has owned her own vet practice and she is definitely a Mac user now. I am not sure if she was when she owned her practice, though.

I'll e-mail her and ask about what software she may have had experience with and let you know.

Cheers,
Andrew