PDA

View Full Version : Sync to .Mac with new Computer Name

hogscape
3rd February 2008, 10:03 PM
Hi again folks,
I have been running 10.5.1 but recently decided to step back to 10.4.11 until Leopoard is sturdier on its feet.

However, when I try to sync with my .Mac account I'm advised that "a computer with that name is already sync'd".

How can I convince .Mac to let me sync with my data?

It's currently asking me to re-name my computer (it ignores the new name and I don't want to re-name my Mac anyway) and stamps its foot when I try and sync my email and Address Book...

Help!

rpjallan
3rd February 2008, 10:45 PM
Go to the .Mac pane in System Preferences. Click on the Advanced tab. Click the computer in the list that you had Leopard installed on and then click Unregister. Then go to the Sync tab and set up syncing again now that you have Tiger reinstalled. Initially, set it to sync manually and then go back to the Advanced tab and click on Reset Sync Data and set it to sync data from your .Mac Account back to your computer.

hogscape
3rd February 2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the help but when I click on the Advanced tab, there are no computers registered...

rpjallan
4th February 2008, 10:50 AM
Well, that is a problem! I can't help you with that, I'm sorry. But try the Apple forums here: http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=116

Some one should be able to help you out...