PDA

View Full Version : Toast is crashing

muzzatron
28th January 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi has anyone else had Toast crash on their Mac? I am running the latest version of Leopard.
I downloaded a new version and installed it and it crashes too.
Could be a Leopard bug?

While I am at it here are some other problems i am having.

Can't connect to iTunes Store.
Can't see my emails in Mail.
Can't read text messages in Skype.

Now toast isn't working... bloody hell!!!

Huy
28th January 2008, 05:42 PM
That's a lot of problems.

Toast has never crashed on me. Check your internet connection?

astr0b0y
28th January 2008, 05:47 PM
I think his internet connection is working, hence his post here ;)
As Huy said, that is a lot of problems, and quite severe ones. I suggest either a complete clean install of Leopard or at least and archive and install.
Before you do that however, try creating a new use and see if the problems persist.

Currawong
29th January 2008, 02:13 PM
I'd boot up from your install DVD and run Disk Utility over the machine, as it sounds like something more serious if more than one program isn't working.

Also, find the crash log in /Users/yourusername/Library/Logs/CrashReporter and post it to the internet somewhere where we can have a look at it. Might just be an old piece of software or a corrupt font screwing things up. The latter will send programs haywire.

muzzatron
4th February 2008, 11:32 AM
I'd boot up from your install DVD and run Disk Utility over the machine, as it sounds like something more serious if more than one program isn't working.

Also, find the crash log in /Users/yourusername/Library/Logs/CrashReporter and post it to the internet somewhere where we can have a look at it. Might just be an old piece of software or a corrupt font screwing things up. The latter will send programs haywire.

Thanks I will try this when a get a chance.

muzzatron
4th February 2008, 01:31 PM
Hi Ran Disk Utilities and every was fine.

Here is the log file for the Toast crash

http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2528306761.html

Cheers

Ginamos
4th February 2008, 03:24 PM
I recently had a problem with Toast crashing. Moving the file DivX Encoder.component in /Library/Quicktime to another location solved the problem. From Googling, the DivX component also seems to cause a number of other apps to crash.

Although, in your case given the unconnected nature of the apps that are crashing an archive and install sounds like the best option.

ClockWork
4th February 2008, 03:30 PM
You've posted the Mail app problem before, Muzza, yet never answered to the suggestions made.

Backup your drive and Clean Install from scratch. It's a bastard task, yet it ensures you start from a clean slate.

cw

halledise
4th February 2008, 03:35 PM
Toast Titanium working fine here under Leopard on both Intel and PPC Macs.

what version Toast are you using?

halledise
4th February 2008, 03:37 PM
You've posted the Mail app problem before, Muzza, yet never answered to the suggestions made.

Backup your drive and Clean Install from scratch. It's a bastard task, yet it ensures you start from a clean slate.

cw

ah - a man after my own heart!! another fan of clean install when all else fails :thumbup:

muzzatron
4th February 2008, 03:54 PM
I recently had a problem with Toast crashing. Moving the file DivX Encoder.component in /Library/Quicktime to another location solved the problem. From Googling, the DivX component also seems to cause a number of other apps to crash.

Although, in your case given the unconnected nature of the apps that are crashing an archive and install sounds like the best option.

Hi thanks for this tip - Toast worked straight away as soon as I removed the DivX component form my quicktime Libary.

Excellent!!!! :thumbup: :)

kim jong il
4th February 2008, 04:12 PM
... While I am at it here are some other problems i am having.

Can't connect to iTunes Store.
Can't see my emails in Mail.
Can't read text messages in Skype...

You posted that the mail problem was solved 10 days prior to starting this thread in this thread here (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=43077). :confused:

ClockWork
4th February 2008, 04:26 PM
And once again, here (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=43499).

Tis not necessary to create whole new threads on the same problem(s), yet to continue within the thread you began, Muzza.

cheers,

cw

muzzatron
4th February 2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah sorry - I think I have had so many probs that I am getting my threads muddled up.

But I should try to be more clear in the future.

muzzatron
15th February 2008, 02:10 PM
hi this problem was fixed as soon as I removed the DivX component form my quicktime Libary.

mab
15th February 2008, 02:38 PM
Do you have perian installed? the release notes for the new version (1.1) say that there is a fix for toast crashing.