PDA

View Full Version : iTunes beginning to give me the irrits ...

Granny Smith
27th January 2008, 06:53 PM
OK, so I upgraded to iTunes 7.whatever-the-latest-version-is. It's running fine - no problems with podcasts that have been reported elsewhere, or anything like that, so far.

But the application has developed one really annoying habit: whenever I launch it, it asks me: "Do you want the application 'iTunes.app' to accept incoming network connections?"

I click "Allow" each time, but it's becoming a tedious question. Under the Firewall tab of the Security preference pane, iTunes is set to allow incoming network connections - so why the inquisition each time?

How do I stop the application doing this?

bullrout
27th January 2008, 07:01 PM
Turn off sharing in itunes preferences.

silverdreamer
27th January 2008, 07:02 PM
OK, so I upgraded to iTunes 7.whatever-the-latest-version-is. It's running fine - no problems with podcasts that have been reported elsewhere, or anything like that, so far.

But the application has developed one really annoying habit: whenever I launch it, it asks me: "Do you want the application 'iTunes.app' to accept incoming network connections?"

I click "Allow" each time, but it's becoming a tedious question. Under the Firewall tab of the Security preference pane, iTunes is set to allow incoming network connections - so why the inquisition each time?

How do I stop the application doing this?

When that box comes up, is there a tickbox to the effect: Always allow?

darbgod
27th January 2008, 07:33 PM
Yep, I had the same problem. It turns out that there were two versions of the latest itunes updates (with one day separating them). I saw a link about it somewhere and Apple have listed it in tech support. Just download the latest version of itunes again and it should fix the problem.

bullrout
27th January 2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks, works for me now with iTunes sharing on.

Granny Smith
28th January 2008, 09:10 AM
Yep, I had the same problem. It turns out that there were two versions of the latest itunes updates (with one day separating them). I saw a link about it somewhere and Apple have listed it in tech support. Just download the latest version of itunes again and it should fix the problem.

Grand - fixed. Thanks!

morgan
7th September 2010, 08:46 PM
I'm having this same problem with iTunes 10 and OSX10.6.

I have reinstalled iTunes, and my system software is all up to date.

ANy ideas?