PDA

View Full Version : Computer management software

Dula
25th January 2008, 10:45 AM
Sorry if the title wasn't right but i dont know the right title for the type of software im looking for. I am a teacher designing a new mac high school where only mac's are used. In every classroom we are going to have a projector or 60" plasma screen for presentations. I would like to find some software that would allow me to use the display from my laptop or IMac but be able to allow guest control of the display from one of my student computers. If possible I would also like to use a lock out feature to display instructions or show item on my comp an it would mimic on their.

Please help
Dula

Wally
25th January 2008, 10:50 AM
Just get a VGA to MINI-DVI plug and plug that into the projector, the mac will automatically pick up the projector and shove it onto the screen.

All new Macs come with Screen Sharing too so you can share your screen with all the students in that room, you might want to consider a new password for every class as students will jump in and try and control your computer.

Life cant get any easier :)

mvjs
25th January 2008, 10:50 AM
Apple Remote Desktop (http://www.apple.com/au/remotedesktop/) may be what you are looking for.

Brains
25th January 2008, 12:26 PM
Dula: follow both suggestions. Get a DVI adaptor for the projector, and purchase a school license for Apple Remote Desktop. This will let you use your MacBook to observe and/or control any other networked machine in your class.