PDA

View Full Version : InDesign crashes when Packaging.

MadMuggle
24th January 2008, 11:58 PM
Every time I go to Package or Save As on any of my InDesign files the whole program crashes. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's been happening for a while. I don't suppose I can expect much help at 1am but I have to get two jobs to the printer by morning and I need to sort this out. If anyone has ANY suggestions about what could be causing this help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

MadMuggle
25th January 2008, 12:13 AM
OK, fixed! In case anyone ever has the same issue: My issue was a corrupt image file. So try resaving and reinserting the images into the InDesign file. I've heard corrupt fonts can do the same thing. Back on schedule. :-)

TheMountainGoat
25th January 2008, 12:16 AM
It can also happen when you move files associated with a document, when the document is closed.

Then when you come to re-open the document, it will do one of two things, it will ask to link back to the original files, or just crash.

If it does, you just move the documents back to the original location or clear out the cache/DB for InDesign, so it forgets where the file was to start with.