PDA

View Full Version : IceTV Remote widget version 2: beta images

marc
24th January 2008, 04:43 PM
Hi all, here's some images from the new IceTV Remote widget, due for beta in the next week or so and release not long after.

Feel free to ask questions about it as we're ready to start disclosing details :)

Edit: I've just uploaded a quick video of it in action...

Movie: IceTV widget in action (http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv-widget.mov)

The new TV guide.
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv_tvguide.png

Program details and recording options.
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv_sheet.png

It's fully live searchable, as are most of the different modes.
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv_search.png

Your upcoming shows.
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv_upcoming.png

Manage your recordings and favourites.
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv_mangemyguide.png

The back, with drag-reordering for the channels.
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv_prefs.png

Not shown here: the Most Popular page (still being worked on a little).

Hope you all like what you see!

Disko
24th January 2008, 04:46 PM
Sexy!

3dward_Shaddow
24th January 2008, 04:49 PM
Looks great guys! Can't wait till it's released!
Quick question, does the recording go through the IceTV remote page? For example, I have my mini in the lounge set up for my eyetv, but have the widget on my iMac so I can check what's on when I'm not watching tv. I think currently the eyetv device has to be on the machine the widget is on to be able to record (if that makes sense?), it would be nice to set up recordings from a remote machine to be picked up by the mini.

But hey, keep up the great work :)

Peter Wells
24th January 2008, 04:52 PM
lickable!

Domenic
24th January 2008, 04:53 PM
The IceTV widget is what I miss most from my subsciption, the seamless integration with EyeTV in the handy place of my dashboard. I think I'll renew my subscription when this new one comes out.

This new one looks really good too :)

Meh 626
24th January 2008, 05:04 PM
Very Nice! Can't wait!!!!

Thanks
Meh 626 :)

Goodbye
24th January 2008, 05:05 PM
Excellent! Looking forward to it!

step_andy
24th January 2008, 05:07 PM
Great stuff. I recall that there was an ability to schedule eyetv recordings from the widget in early days which was removed at later versions

marc
24th January 2008, 05:32 PM
Does the recording go through the IceTV remote page? For example, I have my mini in the lounge set up for my eyetv, but have the widget on my iMac so I can check what's on when I'm not watching tv.
Sure does. This is all via IceTV Remote, so if you want to check what you have to set to record you can do it from anywhere. The downside is that your Mac with EyeTV (or Media Center PC) has to check with our server every once in a while to see if it needs to update what it's recording.

But the benefits are pretty big in that it gives EyeTV proper series recording (which even the new version doesn't have) and any other features we add on the server.

Great stuff. I recall that there was an ability to schedule eyetv recordings from the widget in early days which was removed at later versions
That's true. You used to be able to use the widget to schedule programs in conjunction with EyeTV on the same Mac. This was done so you could use the IceTV TV guide with EyeTV before EyeTV had proper IceTV support. Now we have support the TV guide and one click recording is in EyeTV, so being able to do this from the widget on the same Mac isn't really that handy. We dropped support for it because the method we were using could be broken with EyeTV updates and was from time to time.

So... going via IceTV Remote to the IceTV server is a much cooler method :)

Another common thing for v1 applies for the new widget: Yes, you can just swap the channel logos if you'd like logo images rather than the names as text. This is just as easy as before, if not easier. The images are in images/channels/

Al Aero
24th January 2008, 06:29 PM
Very nice. one of must most used widgets..

any chance of getting in on the beta?

a.

Rasta
24th January 2008, 06:51 PM
very schmick... would love to be part of the beta testing if you need someone... :thumbup:

Meh 626
24th January 2008, 07:44 PM
With scheduling programs via the widget will this process work with PVRs? And does the PVR have to be on when setting up recordings via the widget?

Thanks

Galumay
24th January 2008, 08:09 PM
looks great marc, what a pity its impossible to get foxtel/austar on board with this! i would sign up in an instant if that were the case.

seagate
24th January 2008, 09:56 PM
Looks great, much easier to read.
Looking forward to the new features...

marc
24th January 2008, 11:49 PM
Very nice. one of must most used widgets..

any chance of getting in on the beta?
MacTalk forum dwellers will be the first people outside of IceTV to get the widget :)

Please be nice though, it's completely new.

With scheduling programs via the widget will this process work with PVRs?
Scheduling from the the widget is essentially identical to scheduling via the IceTV Remote website, iwatchthis.com.au or the Remote mobile phone site. So, anything that works with IceTV Remote will work with the widget.

Currently IceTV Remote supports:
- EyeTV 2
- EyeTV 3
- Windows XP Media Center
- Windows Vista Media Center

With Beyonwiz PVRs coming very soon (hopefully they'll support it in the next firmware update). The new IceTV Remote API that's been developed for this widget means that anyone can add support for scheduling recordings etc in their own apps/widgets. This should also mean it'll be easier for other PVRs support it too.

And does the PVR have to be on when setting up recordings via the widget?
It goes to our server first, so the PVR doesn't have to be on. Usually they'll wake up every hour or so to check. It depends on the user settings how often it'll check... the minimum is every 15 mins and a normal setting is usually every hour.

Meh 626
25th January 2008, 02:42 PM
Scheduling from the the widget is essentially identical to scheduling via the IceTV Remote website, iwatchthis.com.au or the Remote mobile phone site. So, anything that works with IceTV Remote will work with the widget.

Currently IceTV Remote supports:
- EyeTV 2
- EyeTV 3
- Windows XP Media Center
- Windows Vista Media Center

With Beyonwiz PVRs coming very soon (hopefully they'll support it in the next firmware update). The new IceTV Remote API that's been developed for this widget means that anyone can add support for scheduling recordings etc in their own apps/widgets. This should also mean it'll be easier for other PVRs support it too.

Cool, hopefully the firmware will be out soon! :D

It goes to our server first, so the PVR doesn't have to be on. Usually they'll wake up every hour or so to check. It depends on the user settings how often it'll check... the minimum is every 15 mins and a normal setting is usually every hour.

Will these settings be added in the next firmware update? I can't find them on my Beyonwiz.

Thanks

uncyherb
25th January 2008, 02:44 PM
In the words of Kath Day-Knight - "Noice!"

tempestas
25th January 2008, 02:49 PM
Slightly OT, but is IceTV the best place to buy the Elagato and support fellow MacTalkers at the same time?

marc
25th January 2008, 04:47 PM
Will these settings be added in the next firmware update? I can't find them on my Beyonwiz.
I'm not sure what settings will be available when the Beyonwiz supports IceTV Remote. It does make sense that there's no options for a feature that's not in yet though :)

Slightly OT, but is IceTV the best place to buy the Elagato and support fellow MacTalkers at the same time?
I really enjoy working for IceTV and have a lot of respect for everyone involved, however it is a commercial business... so even though IceTV advertises on MacTalk, I think we should have to work as hard as any other Elgato reseller for your money.

I guess what I'm saying is that it'd be nice, but you should also do what's right for you (ie. if you can find a local store that's as cheap then go for it!).

The "Most Popular" tab:
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv-mostpopular.png

Can't wait to show you guys some video of this thing... it animates so nicely (thanks iSlayer!).

tempestas
25th January 2008, 05:41 PM
I really enjoy working for IceTV and have a lot of respect for everyone involved,... but you should also do what's right for you (ie. if you can find a local store that's as cheap then go for it!).

Guess that makes the bundling of an IceTV subscription add to the value.

You guys have put in a huge effort and it can be as valuable to support those you feel deserve your support, as it is to find the cheapest price.
:thumbup:

gaehl
25th January 2008, 05:49 PM
Looks very nice even without the animations! :P

marc any idea as to when the betas/release versions might start heading out?

marc
25th January 2008, 09:27 PM
Looks very nice even without the animations! :P
I'll try and post a movie tonight :)

marc any idea as to when the betas/release versions might start heading out?
It was going to be this week... that's how close we are :) Should be next week.

purana
25th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Looks great, can't wait to use it. It should go nicely with EyeTV 3 software :)

303-Acid
25th January 2008, 10:59 PM
This could look nice on an iPhone/iPod Touch...;)

marc
25th January 2008, 11:31 PM
This could look nice on an iPhone/iPod Touch...;)
Already on it.

seagate
26th January 2008, 06:06 AM
Already on it.

Do tell...

303-Acid
26th January 2008, 12:34 PM
Already on it.

Ooooo :thumbup:

marc
26th January 2008, 01:17 PM
Do tell...
Not much to tell :)

There will be an iPhone/iPod touch specific version of IceTV Remote (if only because there's a few staff members with iPhones/iPod touches and we want to use it) so you can do the same kinds of things the widget does when you're not near a computer. It's not a massive project, so hopefully it'll be done in the next couple of months. Now all we need is a 3G iPhone and decent data plans in Aus!

marc
26th January 2008, 02:23 PM
I've just uploaded a quick video of it in action...

Movie: IceTV widget in action (http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv-widget.mov)

Meh 626
26th January 2008, 02:26 PM

Cool!!! Looks awesome!

seagate
26th January 2008, 02:31 PM

I want it, and I want it now...

Peter Wells
26th January 2008, 03:01 PM
i hope you're not enjoying your weekend marc, i want you to finish and release this soon..

Sambo
26th January 2008, 03:51 PM
The IceTV widget is what I miss most from my subsciption, the seamless integration with EyeTV in the handy place of my dashboard. I think I'll renew my subscription when this new one comes out.

This new one looks really good too :)

Ditto.

marc
29th January 2008, 02:54 PM
We're now accepting applications for a private IceTV Remote dashboard widget beta program. We're after some IceTV subscribers and some non-IceTV subscribers (ie free widget or I Watch This users).

Please email support@icetv.com.au with:
- Subject of "IceTV widget beta application"
- Your IceTV username (if you don't have one, then create an account for the current widget here (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webwidget.cgi)
- Your OS version (10.5.1 etc)

This will be a limited beta... so first in first served. The public beta and full release will be sometime in February.

gaehl
29th January 2008, 03:32 PM
Email sent and hopeing.

RGSX12
29th January 2008, 03:46 PM
Sent my e-mail 20-30 minutes ago, fingers crossed :)

marc
29th January 2008, 04:31 PM
Everyone from MT should get in the first beta. If you don't it shouldn't be a big stress as the second beta isn't far away (next week some time probably).

nard
29th January 2008, 04:41 PM
marc, I sent mine twice because I left a letter off the subject line first time. Sorry if I messed anything up. :o

marc
29th January 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm sure that'll be ok!

303-Acid
29th January 2008, 08:23 PM
Email sent. Hope I can help test on my aging iBook.

gaehl
30th January 2008, 03:01 PM
Got the email so far its looking great much easier than opening the webpage (yes I'm lazy) :P

nard
30th January 2008, 03:16 PM
Working well for me.

RGSX12
30th January 2008, 03:19 PM
I've got the widget installed and it looks great but when clicking Authorize, I enter my password and it doesn't work and reads Unable to login. Please enter a valid User ID and Password.

I have received an e-mail to check my password and the information I entered is all correct. I even created a brand new account and it's still not working.

mvjs
30th January 2008, 03:20 PM
I've got the widget installed and it looks great but when clicking Authorize, I enter my password and it doesn't work and reads Unable to login. Please enter a valid User ID and Password.

I have received an e-mail to check my password and the information I entered is all correct. I even created a brand new account and it's still not working.

Exact thing is happening to me too.

RGSX12
30th January 2008, 03:23 PM
Exact thing is happening to me too.

Is your account a 'free' version?

mvjs
30th January 2008, 03:25 PM
Is your account a 'free' version?

Yep, no subscription

RGSX12
30th January 2008, 03:27 PM
Yep, no subscription

Same here, I'm wondering if the people above are using subscriber accounts..

marc
30th January 2008, 03:52 PM
Please send these issues back to IceTV support so we can make sure they're fixed in beta 2.

purana
30th January 2008, 04:07 PM
Please email support@icetv.com.au with:
- Subject of "IceTV widget beta application"
- Your IceTV username (if you don't have one, then create an account for the current widget here (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webwidget.cgi)
- Your OS version (10.5.1 etc)

This will be a limited beta... so first in first served. The public beta and full release will be sometime in February.

Oh didn't notice this post, just sent an email. See what happens :P

mvjs
30th January 2008, 04:13 PM
I just created a free trial account, and it worked. I guess I'll use that until this is fixed.

uncyherb
30th January 2008, 04:14 PM
Please send these issues back to IceTV support so we can make sure they're fixed in beta 2.

I'm noticing a few issues as I play around with the widget. I'll see if I can lock down the exact method of recreating the problems before sending off a bug list.

Cheers for releasing the beta to us lucky ones! I feel very privileged!

RGSX12
30th January 2008, 04:19 PM
I just created a free trial account, and it worked. I guess I'll use that until this is fixed.

I have also created a trial account and that too isn't working for me. Did you simply click the 'Register' link in the dashboard widget and fill out the form?

mvjs
30th January 2008, 04:24 PM
I have also created a trial account and that too isn't working for me. Did you simply click the 'Register' link in the dashboard widget and fill out the form?

No, I registered for this trial (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webfreetrial.cgi).

RGSX12
30th January 2008, 04:36 PM
No, I registered for this trial (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webfreetrial.cgi).

Worked a treat, thanks a bunch mate. I've sent an e-mail to support too, regarding this issue.

Looking good!

STK
30th January 2008, 05:05 PM
Mine works...I have a paid account tho....

Galumay
30th January 2008, 05:27 PM
i had exactly the same problem with using a free widget account, it wont authorise even though i can log into my account via the iceTV homepage!

i spoke to daniel (?) at ice TV support and he said they would look into it tomorrow morning but he also suspected it was a bug affecting the free accounts.

3dward_Shaddow
30th January 2008, 06:36 PM
Very smooth widget guys, love it.

Not sure where you want your feed back to go so I'll post it here:
When changing the time settings on the back from 12-24hr it doesn't resize the guide properly (only shows top two channels) switching to another tab and back fixes this though.

303-Acid
30th January 2008, 07:32 PM
Getting the same "Unable to login." with my free account. As Galumay has spoken to them I'll wait til tomorrow to try again.

Though, just a note. Upon installing and starting the widget for the first time it was very slow, almost a lockup. Though I'm guessing it's my low spec iBook.

Will test more tomorrow.

marc
31st January 2008, 01:18 PM
Ok. We'll certainly opimise more over the coming weeks and months. However, this is definitely the most complex widget we've worked on so it's no surprise that it's a little slow on older Macs. We'll do what we can!

Thanks again to everyone who's testing and sending feedback in... It's a huge help.

danielicetv
31st January 2008, 02:21 PM
Just to confirm the issue with authorizing free accounts has been fixed, if you were having a problem please try again.

Also if you do find any problems or have any comments please send them all to support@icetv.com.au.

uncyherb
31st January 2008, 04:13 PM
New beta out now..

303-Acid
31st January 2008, 07:16 PM
Got the new beta installed. I can also now authorise and get my token. But now it's just saying please wait. I'll wait a bit more and see how it goes.

Galumay
31st January 2008, 07:23 PM
well the authorisation was fixed earlier and now the new version has fixed some of the little bugs that had appeared, there are still some glitches in the matrix but i am sure they will be resolved in the next beta.

have to say the iceTV crew seem to be putting a lot of energy and time into this one, i have rung a few times and emailed a couple and the responses have been prompt and helpful, one gets the feeling it is a hive of activity at the moment!!

Meh 626
31st January 2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks, for the new update, fixed all my problems.

grfxninja
31st January 2008, 09:35 PM
Err, I didn't see this post until now, so is there a chance I can get in on the Beta at all?
I sent off the email anyway, so here's hoping ;)

303-Acid
31st January 2008, 10:38 PM
Still saying Please wait... even after a reboot. I deleted the widget and reinstalled, same deal. Maybe I have to delete preferences too. Anyone know where they're stored?

marc
1st February 2008, 07:53 AM
Yep. I'm not at my mac, so this won't be perfect, but the preferences file should be something like:

<your user home folder>/Library/Preferences/com.widget.icetvremote.plist

That's probably not the exact file name, but the location is right. Make sure you close the widget before deleting prefs.

303-Acid
1st February 2008, 08:12 AM
Coolio. I'll have a look and try tonight.

Yep. I'm not at my mac, so this won't be perfect, but the preferences file should be something like:

That's probably not the exact file name, but the location is right. Make sure you close the widget before deleting prefs.

seagate
1st February 2008, 08:31 AM

I can't find any icetv related plist on my system...

:confused:

iSlayer
1st February 2008, 08:32 AM
the plist is widget-com.icetv.widget_v2.plist
Its in the same folder marc said

seagate
1st February 2008, 08:37 AM
the plist is widget-com.icetv.widget_v2.plist
Its in the same folder marc said

Yup, got it, wonder why it's not showing up in a spotlight search...

303-Acid
1st February 2008, 07:26 PM
Bugger. I deleted the widget and the plist. reinstalled the widget, re authorised, grabbed the token. And still says please wait...

Peter Wells
1st February 2008, 07:29 PM
got my email today. its beautiful. cheers marc.

grfxninja
1st February 2008, 08:12 PM
got my email today. its beautiful. cheers marc.

As did I, and I have to agree 100%.
You guys have done a bloody great job with this. I'm not having any of the authorising issues some appear to be having either.
MBP 2.33GHz, 2GB Ram, OS X 10.5.1

Now all I need to do is get a USB Tuner or something so I can record stuff and I will be set

nighteyes
1st February 2008, 08:38 PM
I am loving the widget but I have noticed that the More... button on the "manage my guide" page doesn't link any to anything.

marc
4th February 2008, 10:52 AM
I am loving the widget but I have noticed that the More... button on the "manage my guide" page doesn't link any to anything.
Cheers. This should be fixed in the next beta.

303-Acid
6th February 2008, 03:55 PM
Sweet...new beta email :) Will give it a whirl when I get home.

marc
6th February 2008, 04:02 PM
We're getting much closer, so thanks to everyone who's been helping test!

303-Acid
7th February 2008, 09:02 PM
I installed the new beta, but am still just getting the Please wait icon. Are there any error logs I can look at? I'm guessing it's a prob with my setup

marc
8th February 2008, 05:16 PM
Applications/Utilities/Console will list errors from the widget. There's still a lot of debug code in there though, so seeing long logs doesn't mean there's issues.

Please get in touch with IceTV support... we're really interested in anyone having issues as the widget is running well for IceTV staff and the dev team.

aswitcher
8th February 2008, 05:28 PM
Still vanishing from my widgets after reboot.

Still wont display 5 shows per channel.

But very nice.

marc
9th February 2008, 09:07 AM
Some keyboard shortcuts:
1, t = TV guide
2, p = Most Popular
3, u = My Guide: Upcoming
4, s = My Guide: Series
Left arrow = previous mode
Right arrow = next mode
Return, ESC = close sheet

Also, double clicking the resize handle = maximise to current content.

nard
9th February 2008, 09:22 PM
Please get in touch with IceTV support... we're really interested in anyone having issues as the widget is running well for IceTV staff and the dev team.

I've tried my hardest but I just can't break it not matter what I do. So, sorry, I've nothing to report, marc. ;) :p

nighteyes
9th February 2008, 09:23 PM
Cheers. This should be fixed in the next beta.

and it was :)

marc
12th February 2008, 06:06 PM
Beta 6 is out.

Working well for everyone? We're getting very close to the release version now.

STK
12th February 2008, 06:08 PM
Beta 6 is out.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?p=445464#post445464

mvjs
12th February 2008, 06:08 PM
Beta 6 is out.

I was having an issue with Beta 5, I haven't confirmed if it exists with Beta 6 yet though. I have a free widget account. When the widget gets to the late hours of the night, blank entries in the guide start appearing. Then next morning, the guide is totally blank (doesn't self update) and I must command R the widget to reload it, which seems to make the guide load.

EDIT: I can confirm it's happening in b6.

marc
13th February 2008, 10:32 AM
When the widget gets to the late hours of the night, blank entries in the guide start appearing.
That's expected behaviour.

Then next morning, the guide is totally blank (doesn't self update) and I must command R the widget to reload it, which seems to make the guide load.
That's a bug :)

Please send some feedback to the IceTV support guys via email (that way the bug will be tracked through the right channels).

seagate
14th February 2008, 07:03 AM
Hmmm, having problems updating to v6, the buttons are unresponsive.
Trashed prefs to no avail.

I've sent an email but no response so far, I need a direct download link.

mvjs
14th February 2008, 07:08 AM
I've sent an email but no response so far, I need a direct download link.

Likewise

seagate
14th February 2008, 09:50 AM
Just saw a "Download Now" button as the sheet dropped down slowly, unfortunately the button is now below the sheets edge, so I can't get to it, all the other buttons are disabled...

http://homepage.mac.com/mscheurer/.pictures/tmp/beta5.jpg

Redman
14th February 2008, 09:56 PM
Just saw a "Download Now" button as the sheet dropped down slowly, unfortunately the button is now below the sheets edge, so I can't get to it, all the other buttons are disabled...

http://homepage.mac.com/mscheurer/.pictures/tmp/beta5.jpg

Same here Marc. Also can't access any menu while the red exclamation icon is present.

seagate
15th February 2008, 04:39 PM
Any news on a direct download of beta 6???

**tapping fingers on table**

marc
15th February 2008, 04:50 PM
Direct download link is the same as the first one that was emailed to you. I can PM you both if you can't find it.

seagate: your fonts all look huge! Any chance you haven't updated to 10.5.2 yet, and you've used webclips in dashboard?

This is the issue I think you might have regarding big fonts: http://www.islayer.com/blog/?p=251

seagate
15th February 2008, 06:18 PM
Direct download link is the same as the first one that was emailed to you. I can PM you both if you can't find it.

Got it, beta 6 is now up and running...

seagate: your fonts all look huge! Any chance you haven't updated to 10.5.2 yet, and you've used webclips in dashboard?

Updated to 10.5.2 as soon as it hit the streets. Never used Web Clips in my life...

This is the issue I think you might have regarding big fonts: http://www.islayer.com/blog/?p=251

Followed all of that, fonts still the same size.

marc
16th February 2008, 10:36 AM
Hmmm. Something's definitely not right. Font size on yours v mine here.

http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/icetv/icetv_fontsize.jpg

I'm at a loss to why it's happening though. Do you have a minimum font size set in Safari?

seagate
16th February 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm at a loss to why it's happening though. Do you have a minimum font size set in Safari?

Turned that off as part of troubleshooting this issue 2 reboots ago...

:(

marc
16th February 2008, 06:56 PM
I think it might have caused the issue to begin with. Not sure how to fix it though. It's a known issue at Apple (we've been in contact with them regarding it).

Maybe set it to something small (like 9pt or lower), then restart, then turn it off, then restart?

seagate
16th February 2008, 09:09 PM
That didn't change anything...

:(

marc
17th February 2008, 05:33 PM
Damn. Hmm. Having issues with other widgets?

Might be of interest: some design mocks and early UI images:
http://islayer.com/blog/?p=258

LarryH
17th February 2008, 05:36 PM
Love it!

In the current widget, with the change of ABC to ABC1 and such, ABC1 and ABC2 come up as ? and ?

Have I done something wrong?

seagate
17th February 2008, 05:45 PM
Damn. Hmm. Having issues with other widgets?

No, however I've managed to fix the problem.

In addition to your steps, I've ditched both Dashboard prefs and rebooted the Dock (restart would have done too):

http://homepage.mac.com/mscheurer/.Pictures/tmp/beta6fixedfonts.jpg

On another note, any plans on making the window resizable or have a scroll bar so we can use the 5 programs option?

marc
17th February 2008, 09:06 PM
In the current widget, with the change of ABC to ABC1 and such, ABC1 and ABC2 come up as ? and ?

Have I done something wrong?
Nup. ABC updated their channel numbers, meaning the widget needs to be updated to fix the issue.

On another note, any plans on making the window resizable or have a scroll bar so we can use the 5 programs option?
I think resizing and scrolling for the TV guide will come in a later version. You can turn off channels (like Nine HD) if you're not using them.

grfxninja
21st February 2008, 12:31 AM
Every now and then, all the listings disappear. I know there is something on TV because I'm watching it at the same time ;)
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1354/picture1br3.jpg

I then have to refresh the widget to get it to display anything

marc
21st February 2008, 02:55 PM
Every now and then, all the listings disappear. I know there is something on TV because I'm watching it at the same time ;)
Hehe. Yeah, I'm sure it's not all the channels disappearing off the airwaves.

Please send in a bug report to IceTV support (http://www.icetv.com.au/contactus.shtml) if you haven't done so already (it's much better if the bugs come via the support guys as they get tracked properly).

A massive thanks to everyone who's helped test the widget. We've now released it:
http://www.icetv.com.au/widgetabout.shtml

I'm sure there's still a few bugs, but those will be addressed in future updates. We've also updates iwatchthis.com.au to included recommendations (yep, it'll make suggestions on what you might like to watch) and the entire site has been reskinned to look and feel more like the widget.

kyte
21st February 2008, 03:40 PM
A massive thanks to everyone who's helped test the widget. We've now released it:
http://www.icetv.com.au/widgetabout.shtml

Nice work Marc. Widget is perfect.

LarryH
21st February 2008, 03:44 PM
Nup. ABC updated their channel numbers, meaning the widget needs to be updated to fix the issue.

Okay, so you've released a new version? or can I have the old logos back?

EDIT: just realised you released the new version. ignore this post.

marc
21st February 2008, 03:57 PM
EDIT: just realised you released the new version. ignore this post.
More detailed explanation :)

We actually fixed the 1.2x widget internally and were going to release it, but we were so close with the 2.0 release that we just put that out instead. The 2.0 widget has all ABC1 and ABC2 correctly listed and is going to be much easier for us to maintain when new free-to-air channels are added o if they change their names at a later date (there's been a lot of it lately!).

So I can probably get you a copy of the 1.2x widget if you like, but the new 2.0 widget is so much nicer that I'm not sure you'd want it!

LarryH
21st February 2008, 03:59 PM
More detailed explanation :)

We actually fixed the 1.2x widget internally and were going to release it, but we were so close with the 2.0 release that we just put that out instead. The 2.0 widget has all ABC1 and ABC2 correctly listed and is going to be much easier for us to maintain when new free-to-air channels are added o if they change their names at a later date (there's been a lot of it lately!).

So I can probably get you a copy of the 1.2x widget if you like, but the new 2.0 widget is so much nicer that I'm not sure you'd want it!

Oh and I never knew there was SBS2! Is it just like timeshift?

marc
25th February 2008, 08:44 AM
ABC1 = normal ABC
ABC2 = music and other stuff (I really, really like ABC2)
ABC3 (coming soon) = kids programming
SBS = normal SBS
SBS2 = SBS world news

All except ABC and SBS are available as digital TV only.

Not sure if I've mentioned these, but... some keyboard shortcuts:

1 or t = TV Guide
2 or p = Most Popular
3 or u = My Upcoming Shows
4 or s = My Guide
Left arrow = previous mode
Right arrow = next mode
Return, ESC = close sheet

Also, double clicking the resize handle in most modes = maximise to current content.

ementis
25th February 2008, 09:44 AM
Very sexy update. I'm loving the ability to click the diamond and get back to the current time.
one thing though, when i search for a tv show, it does not like spaces in the field. Here's a video (http://joelvodell.com/icetvwidget.html) to show you what I mean.

(I did send an email to the support team) =)

marc
25th February 2008, 10:05 AM
ementis: Thanks. Noted.

marc
25th February 2008, 04:29 PM
Another video of it in action for those who haven't tried it out yet.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzMDvoFEcM

marc
26th February 2008, 05:14 PM
2.0 Build 8 is out that should solve most, if not all known issues.

Get it here: http://www.icetv.com.au/widgetdownload.shtml

mvjs
26th February 2008, 05:15 PM
Anyone got any channel logos for the widget?

marc
27th February 2008, 04:02 PM
I'll do channel logos eventually.

Al Aero
27th February 2008, 04:19 PM
I'll do channel logos eventually.

Ace Marc, thats the one thing i am missing from my widget..

Loving the widget none the less!

a.

marc
12th March 2008, 02:02 PM
There's a Windows (Yahoo! Widget Engine) widget beta due very soon. If you'd like to be part of it then please email support at icetv.com.au.

Peter Wells
12th March 2008, 11:27 PM
just noticed something that is probably a very rare request, but...

i'm in sydney, i'll be here all week (try the veal) anyhoo, i really dont want to remove all my melbourne channels and reimport their sydney cousins...

it would be awesome to be able to switch locations, considering most capital cities have the same channels.

marc
13th March 2008, 12:06 AM
You should just be able to change region from I Watch This or IceTV Remote (icetv.com.au/remote)... Clicking on "More Settings" in the widget will take you to the I Watch This settings page.

All series recordings and favourites should be kept. Recordings might be a little sticky (depending on what has been synced to EyeTV/your Media Center etc), but all you should need to do for the widget is reorder and turn off the channels you don't want to see.

Is that what you're talking about?

Peter Wells
13th March 2008, 12:22 AM
rockin again!

that worked, still it'd be nice to be able to do it from the widget..

either way, i wuv you.

marc
13th March 2008, 09:11 AM
that worked, still it'd be nice to be able to do it from the widget...
We could allow that... but changing region regularly for people are using the widget to record isn't a good idea, so we've made it a little harder to do :)

marc
13th March 2008, 07:24 PM
New help docs are done and live:
IceTV - Widget Help (http://www.icetv.com.au/widgethelp.shtml)

They include some tips and tricks not mentioned here. Good reading if you use the widget ;)

Kirium
20th April 2008, 05:17 PM
I've just updated from 1.25 to 2.0build10 and it's refusing to authorise..

When I click the authorise button on the widget it takes me to the iceTV website, and I can login (after hitting login up to 4 or 5 times) and give my computer a nickname and hit allow, then click fetch token on the widget and it does SFA. Clicking on fetch token does nothing. Clicking on authorise takes me back to the webpage where if I try and authorise again and click allow to try again I get the good ole
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, info@icetv.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Hitting [fetch token] at any point when it's not greyed out does nothing and it just sits on the "Welcome to IceTV" screen with 3 buttons at the bottom that accomplish nothing.

I've reloaded, deleted preferences, deleted widget, rebooted, reinstalled and every possible combination thereof.

Having massive regrets about deleting 1.25 now. Looking back thru this thread, I thought the authorisation problem was fixed for free accounts.

Any suggestions marc or iSlayer?

Edit: It just did something different. After hitting fetch token around 10 times, it came up and told me my Authorisation has expired and telling me to authorise again. When I do that and give it the nickname and hit allow, it gives me the Internal Server Error. Woot!..:rolleyes:

dmw
27th April 2008, 07:24 PM
feature request:

what would be great for me is when you add a show as a favourite you have the option of setting an ical event (with alarm) ... that would help me catch quite a few shows i otherwise forget to watch.

marc
29th April 2008, 11:25 AM
The iCal thing is something we've thought about. More useful for non-IceTV subscribers (as IceTV subscribers would just set it to record :) ).

I'll keep everyone posted on the next release, due in a few weeks.

marc
5th May 2008, 05:04 PM
New IceTV website was launched today: IceTV (http://www.icetv.com.au/)

It now includes everything from the I Watch This website, so the next version of the widget will work directly with the new site.

The Architect.mac
5th May 2008, 05:14 PM
looks good..
typo - service - on IceTV - Compatibility (http://www.icetv.com.au/compatibility.shtml)

cheers

marc
5th May 2008, 06:58 PM
looks good..
typo - service - on IceTV - Compatibility (http://www.icetv.com.au/compatibility.shtml)
Thanks. Will get that seen to. :)

Edit: Fixed.