PDA

View Full Version : TurretWars MP 1.0 Demo Released

Seon
23rd January 2008, 05:05 PM
We have finally released the demo of our long awaited multi-player Turret Wars, titled Turret Wars MP.

http://games.sector3.com.au/images/screenshots/turretwars_interface_mp.jpg

The full version will not be released until Friday, but we decided to release the demo now to allow people to play and of course to get feedback.

The demo will let you play multi-player but only against 1 other human, though you get to fill all the remaining slots with cpu turrets if you want.

http://games.sector3.com.au/

Have fun :)

Muzza_77
23rd January 2008, 05:13 PM
Downloading now...

STK
23rd January 2008, 05:43 PM
Nice, you should host a server that's always on...

Also I was browsing your site and I didn't know you made the officeworks TV ads! Well done!

Seon
23rd January 2008, 07:22 PM
Nice, you should host a server that's always on...

It's only a peer to peer network play, so there is no actual server to have on.

Also I was browsing your site and I didn't know you made the officeworks TV ads! Well done!

Thanks :-) We get to work on some really cool stuff and have a lot of fun with the animation we do.

Seon
24th January 2008, 12:49 PM
Ok, so our initial demo response in general has been great, and it looks like TW MP will be a successful game! Yay :-)

The only main feedback we have had so far (which we knew would happen) is that players looking for a game to join are not finding any.

The obvious reason for this at the moment as we have only had just over 1000 demo downloads so far and there are not enough people with the demo yet to ensure enough online play options.

Once we officially launch, if we get the same number of demo downloads we have experienced from TW Retro and SM, we should have 150,000 demo players around the world in a few months.

The second reason is that its not a server based game. It's peer to peer, where once a game has started (and all player that were going to join have joined) the game is removed from the joining list... as if it had never existed.

We are planning for a future release to add a mode that will allow the game to stay open and allow people to wait in a queue to join an existing game when a place becomes available (a network player or cpu dies).

This will allow for mega death match games that can keep going as long as new players want to join.

We believe this will then give us the best of both worlds where people can host closed (or private) games, or host open on-going games.