PDA

View Full Version : DVD2OneX, not playing nice with Leopard!

Prince_Alexander
22nd January 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm a loyal DVD2OneX fan. With Tiger, it worked flawlessly every time. I installed Leopard when it was released, and have had nothing but problems since then. The developer isn't interested (plenty of people seem to be having similar issues).

The program takes ages to start. Once it does, and I attempt to burn to disk, or image (yes, I've tried that) it simply crashes. Occasionally, it will commence with the preparation phase, reach about 20 - 30% of completion, and then crash. This has been happening regularly.

Frustration levels are mounting. Has anyone found a solution?

dt
5th February 2008, 06:57 AM
I don't have much to add here, but I thought you should get a reply.

Since they haven't released a revision since June last year, I was slightly sceptical that it would work with Leopard.

So I decided to go with DVDRemaster. But, um, don't do that. (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=43228)

In any case, this is a free bump for you, so someone might be able to help you more.

macpunc
5th February 2008, 08:02 AM
Strange, I've had no problems with DVD2ONEX on leopard.

cheers

macpunc

Prince_Alexander
5th February 2008, 08:58 AM
Strange, I've had no problems with DVD2ONEX on leopard.

cheers

macpunc

This is what I don't get. The problems are widespread, however, there are plenty of people with no issues.

It isn't my system. Can't be. I haven't done anything special or interesting to it! :confused:

Ginamos
5th February 2008, 11:43 AM
Did you try moving everything out of /Library/Quicktime?

As I replied in a thread yesterday, the DivX component has given me trouble, both Toast and DVD2oneX crashed when it was installed.