PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto prints now availble in Aus

iSlayer
11th March 2005, 12:01 PM
No Apple havent launched it but someone else has.

http://www.shoebox.com.au/iphoto/

40c per print for 6x4 and they have an iphoto plugin so you can order direct from iphoto !!
other prices are available on the site

Product Announcement.

Apple has neglected Australian and New Zealand iPhoto users since the first release, by not allowing users to order prints. The Shoe Box has written an iPhoto plugin that allows users in these countries to order prints directly in iPhoto.

The Shoe Box is proud to announce the availability of an iPhoto plugin that allows all Australian and New Zealand users of iPhoto, to order photographic prints directly from iPhoto. All your memories are printed on Premium Kodak paper. Simply click on the existing "Order Prints" button and you will be able to order your prints. All connections with shoebox.com.au are secure so you can be guaranteed that your payment details are not compromised. All orders are shipped the same day, so the majority of users will get their photos back the next day!

montfort
11th March 2005, 12:52 PM
pretty cool :thumbup:

Devski
11th March 2005, 01:01 PM
It's a terrible terrible interface and a horrible uninformative web page.

10 points for initiative.
2 points for execution.

It might work, but they have some serious improvements to make.

aafuss
13th March 2005, 02:40 PM
I've seen one Sydney resller offer iPhoto prints (books) advertised for over $50 eacv.

estoyloco
13th March 2005, 03:13 PM
Do they have a webpage - this sydney reseller? $50 is cheap for an iphoto book. Davinci in WA sell them for $89 20pages single sided + whatever post is.

trinidad
13th March 2005, 05:00 PM
I downloaded their plugin, and have yet to order using it...but i notice that they don't print 20x30. Guess I'll still have to look around the shops here in Sydney for a place to print my iLife poster. But for everything else, it definitely gets a plus for initiative.

estoyloco
13th March 2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by trinidad@Mar 13 2005, 05:00 PM
I downloaded their plugin, and have yet to order using it...but i notice that they don't print 20x30. Guess I'll still have to look around the shops here in Sydney for a place to print my iLife poster. But for everything else, it definitely gets a plus for initiative.
trinidad - go to the "iLife poster this rocks" thread and there is a link to a printer in brisbane that fdoes it for $17.50 +$10 delivery australia wide. All you need to do is send them a CD with your file on it.

ghulands
21st March 2005, 01:48 PM
I have uploaded a new plugin that is a complete rewrite of the interface - now all cocoa instead of having a webview embeded. The progress bar now gives a real time upload transfer progress instead of just updating after each image.

That is very cheap for a 20x30 print - it is below what we can get it done for. The biggest we can do in house on photographic paper is 12x18 (about A3), but we outsource larger ones. Larger prints will available through iPhoto in the next few days, along with canvas and metallic surfaces.

Greg

http://www.shoebox.com.au/iphoto

thedom
22nd March 2005, 01:24 PM
How do you uninstall this?

I pressed the "remove plugin" from the details section - but it won't go away.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Walker
22nd March 2005, 07:22 PM
I'm having the same "remove plugin" problem. I've emailed the company. Does anyone know how to manually remove it?

lw

Atomic
22nd March 2005, 11:13 PM
You may have to delete it manually by navigating to this location...

/Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/NetServices/Bundles/

Secoa
23rd March 2005, 10:36 AM
Sorry Atomic

I can't find "contents" from the finder.

/Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/NetServices/Bundles/

When I select IPhoto Info it lists the plug-ins, is this where I delete the plug-in?

Walker
23rd March 2005, 11:59 AM
right click (or control-click) on the iPhoto application icon, then select "Show Package Contents."

Secoa
23rd March 2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for this ie. it worked

thedom
23rd March 2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys - worked great

Walker
24th March 2005, 07:06 AM
I've been told by the company that there will be a new plug-in available for download today (March 24). Maybe we'll have better luck with that one.

ghulands
30th March 2005, 05:11 PM
I have just released a new version that has quite a few new features in it. It now doesn't store the CC number in plain text. It will remove all the old info from the iPhoto prefs so your CC details are not vulnerable.

If you mouse over a popup in the order scroll view and a product has some associated information with it, like a metallic or canvas print, then a tooltip will popup.

You can view and print receipts directly from the plugin.

There is now tighter integration with the online service so you do have to sign up to use the new version. There is a benefit to this in that it will give you 10 free gloss prints.

The uninstall feature no works properly. I have tested this for the past hour so if it doesn't work for people, could they let me know.

I hope this version fixes the problems people were having.

Greg.

af3556
2nd April 2005, 11:18 PM
My Mac is behind a proxy (i.e. no direct internet connectivity), could you add proxy support? (Pick up proxy config from system prefs).

Here's hoping!