PDA

View Full Version : iBook G3 Aiport Connectivity Issues.

rudiger53
20th January 2008, 01:07 PM
Hey all, my friend just got himself a cheap iBook G3 for uni and he wants to use it on his home wireless network. He uses 128bit WEP encryption (HEX) and currently runs another PC laptop (his parents) on it with no issues. However, when ever he tries to use the iBook on the network, the iBook detects that his wireless network is there, but it refuses to connect (and yes, we put the $ sign in front of the WEP key). iBook is running 10.3.9, router is a D-Link DI-524 and is running in 802.11b/g mode. I have a iBook G4 and it connects to the network without any issues.

Also, odd thing happened. It connects to the router if the WEP key is turned off, but can't get internet. Any insight into this issue would be very helpful and appreciated.

jeloz
20th January 2008, 01:32 PM
whilst it is picking up the network, it is always worth removing the card and re-seating it , u never know + check all software is up-to date - that machine may require a firmware update etc

Jeloz

Carcenomy
20th January 2008, 06:17 PM
Have you tried changing from a 128-bit key to a 40-bit key? And could you run WPA instead? I guess that'll be limited by the abilities of the PC's network card and/or drivers.

I run a similar setup, works beautifully - once I moved from 10.2.8 to 10.3.9 I upgraded to WPA, haven't looked back.