PDA

View Full Version : Spankin' New MBP =D

reznorism
19th January 2008, 04:29 PM
I don't mind if this thread gets trolled, moved or deleted, but i'm just too excited not to say I just ordered my first new mac!

A lovely MacBook Pro 15" configured with the 2.6ghz c2d, 2gb ram, 256mb 8600m, 200gb 7200rpm hdd.

I'm psyched!

jrad
19th January 2008, 04:32 PM
200gig 7200rpm... are you sure its 7200rpm and not 5200?

Soleil
19th January 2008, 04:35 PM
There is an option for a 200GB 7200rpm for $290 extra... check the apple store.

mjankor
19th January 2008, 04:38 PM
Sweet. Nice machine.

jrad
19th January 2008, 04:41 PM
Ah of course... I complete forgot. Very nice. I've been eyeing one off for quite some time now but just holding off a little bit longer. I could understand you being very excited getting a new machine... one of my friends purchased a macbook today and she was bouncing around like a teenager at a hanson concert... you don't get that kind of response from a HP or Dell laptop, do you? :D

Linux_insidev2
19th January 2008, 04:44 PM
Very nice, you won't ever regret it.

I've had mine for almost a year and still love to use it as much as that first day.

People look at me weird feeling it up on the train :/

simey
19th January 2008, 04:44 PM
one of my friends purchased a macbook today and she was bouncing around like a teenager at a hanson concert... you don't get that kind of response from a HP or Dell laptop, do you? :D

So very very true.. Or you don't see photographed evidence of unpacking the boxes of dells etc. on the web.

AnthoMac
19th January 2008, 04:48 PM
Just curious, will this be your first Mac or Apple experience ever?
Brings back the days when the I whipped out my new PowerBook G4 Aluminium. There was and is nothing on the market quite like that laptop (except maybe the MacBook Pro!)

Huy
19th January 2008, 04:53 PM
Congrats mate!

I bought an iMac 24" yesterday over the 15" MBP - but I have a similar emotion to you right now, stoked! :p

reznorism
19th January 2008, 06:15 PM
Hehe, it's not my first mac, i've owned a G4 iBook for quite some time, but it just feels like the right time to step up in the Mac world! I'd been waiting for Macworld to see if there were going to be any changes to the MBP line. But since there wern't I felt i'd waited long enough, and ordered my new beastie =P

[MREVO8]
19th January 2008, 07:29 PM
Nevermind... I'm iTarded.

kevin7
20th January 2008, 02:02 AM
im happy for you mate...
sigh, im still waiting for the penryn-based macbook pro...
or should i?...
i got my money, but don't know when to spend...
sigh.... sigh... sigh..

DJY
20th January 2008, 07:38 AM
Congratulations mate!
Nothing wrong with out and proud about new Macs!!!!!

silverdreamer
20th January 2008, 07:48 AM
im happy for you mate...
sigh, im still waiting for the penryn-based macbook pro...
or should i?...
i got my money, but don't know when to spend...
sigh.... sigh... sigh..

Monday morning sound like an option.:p Just do it. There is always going to be an upgrade a week/month/year, after you purchase. nature of the beast.

Congrats on the new purchase Reznorism.:thumbup:

Dante Kyar
20th January 2008, 08:02 AM
The general rule i always go by and reccomend to others is,

if you need it now, just buy it as an upgrade is inevitable and as long as the current machine does what you need, you will be happy.

On the other hand. If you can wait to a product upgrade, why not. Might as well try and get the latest and greatest, that's just human nature.

btw, congrats on your purchase. They're great little machines which really beat almost every other laptop on the market in my opinion.

reznorism
20th January 2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the replies so far guys =)

stuey_boy
21st January 2008, 09:47 AM
Just out of interest what was the delivery estimate you were given? or do you already have your new machine?

Huy
21st January 2008, 09:58 AM
The general rule i always go by and reccomend to others is,

if you need it now, just buy it as an upgrade is inevitable and as long as the current machine does what you need, you will be happy.

On the other hand. If you can wait to a product upgrade, why not. Might as well try and get the latest and greatest, that's just human nature.

Ditto.

And further to that, I'll add my own little "general rule" for upgrading - once you have your machine... use it until it falls apart (or has been in for so many repairs haha) ... until you are no longer productive on it/too slow, etc.

I also tend to update my Macs (with new machines) everytime a new OS rolls around... or at least, with each new machine, I get the newer OS restore discs so for example:

1st Mac: PowerBook, Panther
2nd Mac: MacBook, Tiger
3rd Mac: iMac, Leopard

That's how I do it :D

reznorism
21st January 2008, 10:35 AM
Just out of interest what was the delivery estimate you were given? or do you already have your new machine?
I was given an estimate of approx. two weeks.

SilverJ
25th January 2008, 08:38 AM
Congrats on the Rolls Royce of Apple Laptops...

themessup
25th January 2008, 09:11 AM
i'm getting a MBP at the end of the year!

reznorism
26th January 2008, 03:31 PM
driving me nuts waiting for my new obession to arrive. i just keep on looking up mbp vids on youtube lol

Zandri
27th January 2008, 06:15 AM
driving me nuts waiting for my new obession to arrive. i just keep on looking up mbp vids on youtube lol

LOL! I did exactly the same.

Where did you order our MBP from? I was suprised how quick a CTO from the Apple store took, was just under a week.

reznorism
27th January 2008, 12:29 PM
i actually ordered from nextbyte, i was in the area and thought bugger it, it's time to get it!

reznorism
31st January 2008, 08:31 AM
woo! just recieved the call, my spankin' new mbp has arrived! time to go collect the goods =D

Huy
31st January 2008, 08:39 AM
Congrats. :)

Though it would really suck if a revised MacBook Pro (4,1 model identifier) came out with 10.5.2 for you.

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/30/evidence-for-new-macbook-pros/

But then again, I don't think you would mind, since you have a smokin' 2.6GHz, 200GB 7200rpm, etc! :D

reznorism
31st January 2008, 09:48 AM
eh, i've been waiting a year for a macbook pro. i said if nothing was out by macworld, then i'd get one =P and even the revised mbp will be revised again and again, so no point in waiting =D

Huy
31st January 2008, 09:56 AM
Good point. :)

A year is a long time to wait. I would've cracked after a few days/weeks.

reznorism
31st January 2008, 11:13 AM
finally got it all set up, installed firefox and whatnot. this is one b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l piece of hardware thats for sure. i'm doing some research on the operating temps at the mo tho, seems a bit hot for no load.