PDA

View Full Version : GIMP2 update

elvis
8th April 2004, 09:45 AM
http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

Latest Edit: GIMP2 now at 2.0.0-4

Disko
8th April 2004, 09:55 AM
I've had to remove the old file mirror aswell. We've chewing up too much bandwidth. :(

pipsqeek
10th April 2004, 10:01 AM
I was looking thoroughly though The GIMP preferences and found something that is kinda nice.

You can select how many Processors your system has. And I would assume this setting would use it to its advantage.

Damn I can't wait to pick up my DP450 and see what its like.

Damian
10th April 2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Apr 10 2004, 10:01 AM
You can select how many Processors your system has. And I would assume this setting would use it to its advantage.

Damn I can't wait to pick up my DP450 and see what its like.
Thanks for that - I hadn't noticed that option.

Quite a noticeable improvement on my DP450.

Damian

pipsqeek
10th April 2004, 07:36 PM
I've made it habit recently to start looking through the prefs of each app I use.

Its crazy what you find sometimes. Perfectly illustrated above.

np about the amount of processors prefs. Just doing what I do best, snooping around.

Steve

elvis
12th April 2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Apr 10 2004, 10:01 AM
I wonder what that would do on an OpenMosix cluster...

something I'll have to test next week, methinks. :)

pipsqeek
12th April 2004, 09:57 AM
Let us know how that goes.

Steve

elvis
12th April 2004, 12:24 PM
Anyone want to write me a few really nasty scripts as a "GIMP benchmark"? Something that would make good use of multiple processors would be nice. Maybe one benchmark that chews a lot of CPU usage (mathematical stuff, effects, etc), and another that is bandwidth hungry (pushing lots of pixels about).

In fact, if someone does I'll go and benchmark a dozen different systems (Mac, Windows and Linux) with them and write a little report.