PDA

View Full Version : clearing search results in leopard

basseyy
6th January 2008, 03:38 PM
when I open macintoshHD - on the left under 'search for" are lists of stuff I have searched and used etc etc, is there any way of clearing this list - ( i did it once and found i had actually deleted these) so not wanting to do that again, is there a way of clearing but not deleting this information?

TIA :):):)

dev_enter
6th January 2008, 03:44 PM
You can just drag and drop them off the sidebar.
Also, when you save searches, there is an option for adding it to the sidebar or not. :)

basseyy
6th January 2008, 04:10 PM
You can just drag and drop them off the sidebar.
Also, when you save searches, there is an option for adding it to the sidebar or not. :)

drag them where to??

thorevenge
6th January 2008, 04:13 PM
Doesn't matter where you drag it, it will just 'poof' in a cloud and disappear.

Just make sure you drag it out of the sidebar.

basseyy
7th January 2008, 11:49 AM
I did that once before, I dragged the contents of the searches to the rubbish bin, and it actually deleted the files from their locations and made OSX inoperable....so 'bitten, twice shy'...

xfodder
7th January 2008, 12:03 PM
my understanding is that you want to clear the history? ... that list isnt really a list, all it does is look at when a file was last used and displays it accordingly. the 'list' is the actual files ... to my knowledge you can't remove items from there.

if you go to the finder preferences in the sidebar section you can choose what you want there ...

basseyy
7th January 2008, 03:20 PM
my understanding is that you want to clear the history? ... that list isnt really a list, all it does is look at when a file was last used and displays it accordingly. the 'list' is the actual files ... to my knowledge you can't remove items from there.

if you go to the finder preferences in the sidebar section you can choose what you want there ...

thanks, will have a go at that