PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro wakes when it wants to

rickyd
6th January 2008, 09:12 AM
Hey guys,

I use my MacBook Pro as a desktop computer, so I have an ACD plugged into it, and lately, I've noticed it just turns on when it wants to after I put it to sleep.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks,
Ricky.

Wally
6th January 2008, 09:38 AM
Could it be the mouse? Try turning it upside down when putting computer to sleep.

LarryH
6th January 2008, 09:39 AM
Do you have Insomnia installed?

Currawong
6th January 2008, 09:57 AM
Try changing the settings in Displays for the ACD's power button. On older plastic ACD's the button could flake out, causing random shutdowns of all things.

PurpleLogix
6th January 2008, 10:04 AM
I think this is a bug in Leopard and Tiger (10.4.10 upwards if you are running these)

My Mac Pro won't sleep automatically. Have tried everything and it still won't sleep. Maybe 10.5.2 will fix this bug. Google shows up alot of similar issues both waking mac's and non sleeping mac's

step_andy
6th January 2008, 10:19 AM
Could be network settings - wake if admin network activity present?
Someone hacking via Airport?
:rolleyes:

semaja2
6th January 2008, 10:37 AM
Airport cant do a wake up call, because the airport disconnects during sleep

andrew.wilson
6th January 2008, 04:25 PM
Funny you should mention this.

Last night I went to bed, put my MacBook to sleep (by closing the lid), went to go to sleep and 2 mins later I hear the disk drive spin up noise and see the Apple light up and then it goes off - I'm like okay...try to go to sleep again, 2 mins or so later off it goes again, then back to sleep by itself. I tried sleeping it by the menu, leaving the screen up everything, but every 2 mins or so it would just wake itself up and then go back to sleep.

Ended up hitting the power button and shutting it down overnight - haven't had any issue since but we will wait and see. It was very creepy!