PDA

View Full Version : iChat Theatre -> Movie?

iPirate
4th January 2008, 12:53 PM
I want to make a short film in the style of the iChat slideshow, where a small video plays where the person would be and a series of slides as, well, the slides.

Without paying loads of money or resorting to illicit means, can I use iChat, iLife '08, external DV camera, etc, to create such a video?

Thanks in advance

iPirate
5th January 2008, 03:21 PM
I hope a bump isn't out of the question?

mvjs
5th January 2008, 03:53 PM
Conference Recorder (http://ecamm.com/mac/conferencerecorder/) should accomplish this.

iPirate
5th January 2008, 03:57 PM
Cool. So that's the getting it to movie part sorted... now how do I change the video feed to a movie file on my comp?

andrew.wilson
5th January 2008, 04:05 PM
I remember hearing rumblings that iChat would have the ability to record video streams or did this not make it into the final version?

From my understanding all you need is to present the show on your computer using iChat theatre to another computer (perhaps on Bonjour) and then somehow record that stream at the other end? :confused:

iPirate
5th January 2008, 04:10 PM
OMG IT IS IN ICHAT

Sorry but major, major wow.

Now, how do I do the part where I can use a video file instead of showing me, and a group of pictures for the slideshow? Or am I going to have to resort to payware means?

andrew.wilson
5th January 2008, 04:15 PM
OMG IT IS IN ICHAT

Sorry but major, major wow.

Now, how do I do the part where I can use a video file instead of showing me, and a group of pictures for the slideshow? Or am I going to have to resort to payware means?

Thought so ;)

Just found it as well.

For that part, I can't really think of a way to add your video instead of you in the little box. It could be done later with Final Cut etc... Maybe there is a way, not sure. Lining the iSight up to record the video would work but may be too dodgy. As for the pictures, this feature is built in I think :confused: or are you after something else?

iPirate
5th January 2008, 04:23 PM
The pictures feature is cool. Got that. The save to movie option is cool too. Got that also. The last piece of the puzzle is getting a little video down the bottom there. I might have to borrow the use of a friend's aunt's computer for the Final Cut Pro bit if need be.

To tell the truth it's just a little show-off-family-thing where there's a vid taken of the fireworks along with a slideshow of photos taken during the year. I just figured that the iChat theatre effect would be a nice way to present it all.