PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

g4cube
4th January 2008, 05:11 AM
Repairing permissions for “Mac HD”
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

Is this just me or everyone? I have had this since i first updated to 10.5 is there a way to fix it.

halledise
4th January 2008, 05:19 AM
it's all good - don't worry about it - Leopard is a bit weird about repairing permissions - & as one of the mods will tell you it achieves next to nothing these days.

(I still like to do it for the fun of it!)

chrism238
4th January 2008, 06:08 AM
(I still like to do it for the fun of it!)You gotta get out more ;)

Currawong
4th January 2008, 11:21 AM
It means you should search the forums for "SUID" before posting a new thread.

:P