PDA

View Full Version : Computer scheduled shutdown by itself?

DebB
2nd January 2008, 02:31 PM
Is this possible? My computer (MBP) told me that it was scheduled to shut down! I have never set this function! Is it possible that some internet baddie has gotten in there and done it (sure enough, when I checked in system preferences the schedule was set for shutdown, Wednesday 3:30)? I am perplexed....
Deb

Disko
2nd January 2008, 02:34 PM
Computers don't do that stuff by themselves, and I doubt very much that an internet baddie (me!) has gotten in there and set that.

Has anyone else played with your computer?

Razer
2nd January 2008, 03:50 PM
I also highly doubt it was an internet baddie, more likely a annoying friend or even someone via screensharing if you are using Leopard.

semaja2
2nd January 2008, 03:53 PM
Ive had it happen before where the scheduled time remains (2am) but then sometimes it will go at around midday but hey it could be any app on here

Currawong
2nd January 2008, 04:16 PM
Did you install any software that includes such a feature?

DebB
3rd January 2008, 12:30 PM
Not that I'm aware of... I know it's a bizarre thing, and no-one else uses my computer. All I can think of is that I have hit it by mistake without realising it somewhere....
Thanks,
Deb

oak
8th January 2008, 11:50 AM
Ive actually had that happen to me using panther. A shut down time was set for 1100. I would try and disable that feature, but it would automatically set itself for shutdown again. After upgrading to Tiger, that bug seemed to have disappeared.

DebB
8th January 2008, 12:11 PM
At least I'm not the only one! Though I am using Tiger...