PDA

View Full Version : Problem with iStat Menu and OnyX Beta under Leopard

mistur
29th December 2007, 11:08 AM
Hi,

after playing with OnyX Beta, iStat Menus is broken and don't want to start anymore. it's look likes OnyX clean script has removed too much things, and until it's a beta version, I've ask on OnyX forum too at the same time. But hope you can help me to fix this and if it is OnyX that boke iStat Menu, hep them to fix this issue before release

I got this in logs :

Dec 29 01:13:41 vaka SystemUIServer[699]: failed to load Menu Extra: NSBundle </Users/yoann/Library/Application Support/iStat menus/Extras/MenuCracker.menu> (not yet loaded)

and error message I got for CPU module but I got the same message for all :

http://file.mistur.org/Image2.png

I've tried to reinstall, remove and reinstall but didn't fix this

MenuCracker.menu file exists and seem to have the good read/write access (755)

Leopard 10.5.1 up to date on a Mac Book Pro 15"4 / Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz / RAM 4GB
OnyX 1.9.0b3
iStat Menus 1.2

thanks for your help

Yoann

dethbunny
1st January 2008, 12:39 PM
In my case, the CHUD (CPU) tools (part of the developer tools) were interfering. One option is to run "CHUD Remover" and get rid of it all, but I wanted to keep the Processor preference pane. The simplest way to fix the problem is to open the Processor preference pane, and un-check "Show control in menu bar." This fix only applies if you have the CHUD tools installed, but the sort of person who installs iStat menus and the person with developer tools installed overlap a bit.

The iStat developer who was describing this fix explained that it's because iStat Menus insert into the menu bar by masquerading as the CPU/CHUD menu extra. If the real thing is already present, then iStat can't do its job. It was also mentioned that future versions will allow you to chose what menu extra iStat pretends to be, so that you can still have the CPU menu if you wish.

mistur
2nd January 2008, 08:56 PM
thanks a lot, that's fix my problem

Yoann