PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp & Vista Upgrade Install

MacMac
27th December 2007, 01:14 AM
Since I have brought Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard I got around to looking at Bootcamp and i know I was told that I would need a full version of Windows Vista to be able to install it but I am afraid they were wrong I have gotten around it. ;)

At first Vista installed on the mac but I was stuck with a 30 day trail peroid and could not activiate Vista as a message told me I would have to revert back to an older version like Win XP and upgrade from that. :mad:

Then I thought hey I'll try my PC laptop Key and not the one on the Vista install pack and hey presto it's installed and activiated over the phone. I was asked by the asain operator if I was installing on a different machine or the same. I said "the same machine I had an issue with it and could not repair the damage so I had to re-install Vista back on" then she gave me the new Product Key.

Goes to show you you can find ways around Microsoft's Stupid Key's. :thumbdn:

gareth
27th December 2007, 01:34 AM
Micro$oft is stupid period.

Why do you run windows on your mac? for work ?

MacMac
27th December 2007, 01:49 AM
1. Work
2. A Better Of Both Worlds
3. Gaming

gameon
27th December 2007, 07:10 AM
vista is a a slow old dog on crutches compared to xp for gaming

MacMac
27th December 2007, 09:38 AM
vista is a a slow old dog on crutches compared to xp for gaming

Not all games will play on XP these days I have 2 that require Vista.

Comet
27th December 2007, 09:40 AM

I thought there was a beta version of DX10 for XP?

LarryH
27th December 2007, 10:29 AM
Hmm... Idiots.

Thats all I'll say. The whole Windows Genuine [DIS]Advantage has been a huge cockup from the start.

I would rather then endorse piracy.

ethania05
27th December 2007, 11:19 AM

Two out of the hundreds of titles that came out this year...Thats not a big deal. One is Im guessing Halo 2 and the other? Probably another MS product to make it exclusive to their Vista OS.

MacMac
27th December 2007, 06:30 PM
Hmm... Idiots.

Thats all I'll say. The whole Windows Genuine [DIS]Advantage has been a huge cockup from the start.

I would rather then endorse piracy.

Piracy what piracy the keys that I have are genuine one from my Vista upgrade pack and the other from my laptop casing there's no piracy here. :confused:

LarryH
27th December 2007, 06:37 PM
I know theres no piracy.

I'm just saying there'd be less problems if they endorsed piracy.

MacMac
27th December 2007, 06:49 PM
If they did then Apple & Microsoft might stop making OS or make crapy version and we will be selling our computers.