PDA

View Full Version : Printing

Georgina EG
6th March 2005, 06:20 PM
For over nine years I have printed letters using my Macs, and this afternoon for the first time I experienced the pages being printed from the last to the first. I set my iMac using Appleworks 6 to print page 1 to page 1 so that I could turn over the sheet for page 2, and so on.

Instead of this happening, I saw that page 6 was printed first and there was no stopping the process until it went right through to page 1 using separate sheets of paper.

The only changes made to my iMac since I last printed a few days ago was for my Norton Antivirus programme to be removed, and an update to 10.3.8. My Appleworks 6 was updated in April last year.

My printer is an Epson Stylus CX5300.

I would mention that when I clicked for printing and the window came up, the setting already read page 1 to page 1, and I left it at that.

Should I have re stated what I required, or are there any other reasons why this happened?

Disko
6th March 2005, 06:33 PM
Hey georgina,

It printed like that so that the pages are in order after they have been printed. I think there is an option in the printing page that does this. Perhaps it is the 'collated' option?

Georgina EG
7th March 2005, 08:26 AM
I think I know why my printing didn't stop after one page enabling me to turn it over for page two. Although the instruction stated page 1 to page 1, the "print all" was still highlighted.

Disko may well be right that the printing occurred starting from page 6 so that the first page to read would be on top, but I've not experienced that before, and over the years I must have typed and printed thousands of letters of varying numbers of pages.

I don't type many letters on my iMac, mainly on my old Performa which has a much clearer and more user-friendly word processing appearance, so I shall have to wait and watch. The ink cartridge in my Stylewriter ran out, so I was compelled to used the iMac with its attached Epson.