PDA

View Full Version : Capture Apple Streaming Video

Antonino Giglio
18th December 2007, 09:32 PM
How do I capture Apple's streaming videos?

Like this one:

http://seminars.apple.com/seminarsonline/sb-switch/apple/index1.html

Thanks!!!

Antonino Giglio
19th December 2007, 06:27 AM
No one? :(

symean
19th December 2007, 07:05 AM
The best way I found to capture a stream is to use Snapz Pro X. Get the browser window ready with the movie on it (stopped), then activate Snapz Pro X, select 'Movie', then select the area you want to record (I always select one pixel in from each edge on the movie area, you see a magnified area around your cursor to help you do this), then hit enter, and it starts recording. At that stage you press play on the browser movie. When it's finished, activate Snapz Pro again to stop it, then you choose what format you want to export it to disk in.

With the preferences you can make sure it doesn't record the cursor, and that it records sound played by the computer, not through the microphone.

On an Intel iMac with 2GB RAM I've recorded movies at around 640 x 640 for 40 minutes at 24 fps and it has worked great, so it's not just for quick little clips.

[EDIT] please use this method only if you have a right to copy the stream :D

Antonino Giglio
19th December 2007, 08:30 AM
I used it but don't like it, is so slow! I remember few years a go that I downloaded a small program that was saving the video while it was streamed... from the sistem...
but forgot the name.. was french i think

g5agogo
19th December 2007, 10:15 AM
Antonino,

I think you might be thinking of cocoajt

It certainly works for some streams.

cheers