PDA

View Full Version : best way to send HTML emails??

Bexford
18th December 2007, 08:41 AM
Hi all

I have a string of HTML code that I want to send as an html newsletter - however Mail is simply reading it as text only.....I have rendered it fully in both IE and Firefox, selected all, then pasted but the mails are coming up blank!!

does anyone know how i can send an html newsletter WITHOUT having to buy software like campaignmonitor etc - the list of recipients is not really large enough to justify it but if that's the only way to go....

many thanks as ever....

cheers
Bexford

iPirate
18th December 2007, 12:51 PM
:cmd:-I in safari sends the current page as an email...?

forgie
18th December 2007, 12:55 PM
Try copy and paste from Safari? (Or the shortcut that iPirate suggested)

Bexford
18th December 2007, 12:57 PM
thanks guys.....I'll try that now....will let you know how I go!

cheers
bex

Bexford
18th December 2007, 01:21 PM
hmmmmmm....unfortunately neither of that has worked - emails are just blank if i cut and paste - and that keyboard shortcut doesn't seem to do anything!

gameon
18th December 2007, 01:35 PM
open up the html page you want to send in safari

go to top menu

click file -> print
click the pdf tab... then mail as pdf

not exactly the result you were after but it will work

Bexford
18th December 2007, 01:54 PM
hey there - yep, good idea - I had thought about doing that as a last resort so have just tried that - and unbelievably the pdf is coming up blank!

clearly I doomed on this issue today.....i have actually popped the page up on my server here;

http://justsoho.com.au/test_email.html

maybe if anyone has time they can take a look for me and see if there is something blatantly obvious I am missing....

cheers!
Bex

ozboi
18th December 2007, 08:06 PM
It it's only an image, simply attach it. Most email clients will display images inline.

morgs
18th December 2007, 08:32 PM
I opened your page in Safari. Hit Command+i and it popped up as a html email in mail.app for me.

TheMountainGoat
19th December 2007, 10:38 PM
Easiest, and free way around this, for me, would be go and grab a copy of Mozilla Thunderbird.

Then whatever images, and the like, up them to the server, and then link to them from your HTML editor.

Fire up thunderbird.

When writing an e-mail, go to insert --> HTML, and copy and paste from your HTML editor of choice.

I've been doing this for a while now, both on Mac and PC, and it does the job for me!

bel.plews
19th December 2007, 10:46 PM
i use entourage + script to send html emails ...

http://scriptbuilders.net/files/sendcomplexhtmlx2.1.html

try this, i find it quite easy.

1. create html in html editor (eg. golive, dreamweaver etc.)
2. open entourage > create email > insert senders / group
3. use script
4. the end

note: I usually have all my files online and links relative to that location in the html coding.
this makes sure there are no attachments.

adamd
19th December 2007, 11:39 PM
I use a PHP script... just store the HTML in a variable, rip the contacts out of a CSV and then wack it into a loop... 1 email to each person...

Use mySQL if you want..

TheMountainGoat
19th December 2007, 11:54 PM
bel.plews... That was something I hadn't thought about!

Great idea, saved me a lot of messing around!

Thank you! (Now just got to find a solution for all of these pesky pc's that I am trying to get the boss to trash!)