PDA

View Full Version : Watching videos on T.V ???

shori
11th December 2007, 08:13 PM
Hey guys,

How do I play movies or any videos on T.V. from my MacBook Pro ??? I have a conventional T.V, I mean no plasma or lcd and stuff.

What sort of cables do I need ?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers

purana
11th December 2007, 08:15 PM
If your TV accept HMDI, then a DVI to HDMI cable or convertor will get the video onto the screen (and then you just need to convert audio out to the input cable of the audio input of your TV).

shori
11th December 2007, 08:17 PM
let me see what sockets do I have on my t.v.

shori
11th December 2007, 08:26 PM
It says

Video - In/ out
Audio - In/out

Can't I attach pics on this forum ?

adamd
11th December 2007, 08:33 PM
It says

Video - In/ out
Audio - In/out

Can't I attach pics on this forum ?

I have a macbook. I use a miniDVI to VGA adapter fo on the LCD screen and a miniDVI to RCA adapter for when I want to use my macbook on smeone elses screen.
(RCA is the Red, White and Yellow circle plugs)

patcanuck
11th December 2007, 08:37 PM
I think my setup is the same as adamd's and I watch movied through the macbook onto tv all the time. :)

shori
11th December 2007, 08:40 PM
What's the cheapest option for me to go in for ?

Complexated
11th December 2007, 09:47 PM
Apple DVI to Video Adapter (http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=A43B7EF9&fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/portable_gear&nplm=M9267G/A) - $35

Works with S-Video or Composite (Red,Yellow,White)

shori
11th December 2007, 09:50 PM
Can someone tell me whats my cheapest option ?????

gameon
11th December 2007, 09:52 PM
that would be the best & easiest option

shori
11th December 2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for that. Should have refreshed the page. Didn't see that reply.

shori
11th December 2007, 10:06 PM
Once i buy the cable. Where do I have to make the changes in the setting so as to get the video on the T.V ?

Sorry I'm new to Mac...

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2GHz

adamd
12th December 2007, 12:24 PM
Once i buy the cable. Where do I have to make the changes in the setting so as to get the video on the T.V ?

Sorry I'm new to Mac...

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2GHz
Just plug it in. :D

Thats how simple Apple really is!! (Also this just rubs it into Microsoft's so called "Plug and Play")

To change 'Mirror' or '2 Display' Setups, you need to open System Preferences | Displays and look in there. I don't have both screens on me at the moment, so I cant tell you exactly what you're looking for, but from memory, it's a checkbox.

F7 Also does the trick (OR: fn+F7) dependent on setup.