PDA

View Full Version : Adium & Leopard????

Bon
8th December 2007, 10:47 AM
Its been quite a full on semester this year at Uni but now thats its all over and i have my free time back I need to get my Adium working again.
Since installing Leopard Adium hasn't been able to connect my hotmail account. The new version of adium came out and everyone else said it fixed their problem but it didnt fix mine! So i booted from my ptbl hdd which has a carbon copy of my Tiger mac before Leopard and Adium worked fine.

Can anyone help?

benproc
8th December 2007, 11:07 AM
try this, it worked for me
http://www.opendns.com/
i found the solution on the adium site
or you could just enter these numbers for your dns server in yor network settings

Linux_insidev2
8th December 2007, 11:08 AM
If you're running tiger again, remove adium and remove ~/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0

Reinstall adium and it'll be a completely fresh install of adium, this should fix the issue you're having.

Bon
8th December 2007, 11:21 AM
Ahhh thanks heaps the DNS fixed it.. 208.67.222.222
Peace guys.. thanks heaps

abure
28th February 2008, 06:20 PM
what do i do with the dns thingy?

i installed leopard this morning and now my msn adium wont work :(

sendai
28th February 2008, 06:27 PM
Go to 'System Preferences', Network', select your active interface and add the additional DNS server address into the 'DNS Server' field.

abure
29th February 2008, 08:18 PM
what is an active interface? and where is the dns field.

snark
29th February 2008, 08:32 PM
what is an active interface? and where is the dns field.

The active interface is the network connection you use: eg, Built-in Ethernet (if you have a wired router); or Airport (if you are wireless).
When you click 'Configure' on the active interface, you should see some fields on the TCP/IP tab that control how you connect to your local network, and then to the internet.
The DNS field is where you can add the IP addresses of various Domain Name Servers - these translate names like mactalk.com.au into IP addresses like 119.15.96.133

abure
29th February 2008, 08:59 PM
so how do i know the ip address of adium (I presume i need to enter this)

sorry, im a bit braindead today

eni
29th February 2008, 09:13 PM
Another viable option (for MSN) may be the 'Connect via HTTP' option in the account preferences. I've found that works far more reliably when MSN refuses to connect.

snark
29th February 2008, 09:27 PM
so how do i know the ip address of adium (I presume i need to enter this)

No, you don't. When you configure adium with your msn id, it knows to go and look up microsoft. Same if you have a yahoo id - it knows to go to yahoo.
Your computer doesn't store the name of every internet site out there - but the DNS servers on the internet DO (sort of). You just tell your computer which DNS server to use. Your ISP should provide this information.

abure
29th February 2008, 09:30 PM
hmmm ok. it already has an isp address in the dns list, which is the same that i use to network our computers together. is this right?

abure
29th February 2008, 10:59 PM
omg, its fixed. thanks guys