PDA

View Full Version : Compiling from Source - "Not Allowed in Slideable Image" and Other Errors

decryption
5th December 2007, 02:47 PM
I've been trying to compile a few codec libraries (Theora, Xvid, FLAC etc.) and have had this issue compiling them:

I'm using the stable releases as well as the latest CVS releases and I get the same option.

Theora:

ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in _FilterHoriz__mmx from .libs/libtheora_la-dct_decode_mmx.o not allowed in slidable image
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libtheora.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

FLAC:

ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed_block_asm_ia32_bs wap.c1_loop from .libs/libFLAC.lax/libFLAC-asm.a/bitreader_asm.o not allowed in slidable image
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libFLAC.la] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Xvid

nasm: fatal: unrecognised output format `../../src/bitstream/x86_asm/cbp_3dne.asm' - use -hf for a list
type `nasm -h' for help
make: *** [bitstream/x86_asm/cbp_3dne.o] Error 1

I also installed x264, libvorbis and libogg with no issues, as well as ffmpeg (which I'll be recompiling to support these new libraries).

Help for a source code newbie? :)

forgie
5th December 2007, 02:53 PM
Hmmmm. Maybe try using GCC3 instead of GCC4? Just a stab in the dark here..... compiling errors like that send chills down my spine when it's a project that I have written. When it's someone else's......

Good luck! :(

BTW have you tried googling certain parts of the error message? Like "nasm: fatal: unrecognised output format" or "not allowed in slidable image"? That's where I normally start trying to figure out sticky problems like that.

decryption
5th December 2007, 03:02 PM
Hmmmm. Maybe try using GCC3 instead of GCC4? Just a stab in the dark here..... compiling errors like that send chills down my spine when it's a project that I have written. When it's someone else's......

Good luck! :(

BTW have you tried googling certain parts of the error message? Like "nasm: fatal: unrecognised output format" or "not allowed in slidable image"? That's where I normally start trying to figure out sticky problems like that.

I've popped bits into Google, with quotation marks and without quotes and the whole thing and bits without my paths etc, to no avail.

How do I compile with GCC3 instead of 4?

purana
5th December 2007, 03:12 PM
How do I compile with GCC3 instead of 4?

I thought it was as simple as creating environment variable GCC and making it point to the gcc3 binary and path.

Don't quote me on that, just something from memory.