PDA

View Full Version : Using a VGA data projector with a PowerBook

glenmorrow
3rd March 2005, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone
Tomorrow I'm giving a presentation at our Burwood school and I've written up my long winded PowerPoint presentation which should bore everyone senseless for 45 minutes! :)

Now what I am planning on doing is attaching the DVI - VGA adaptor that came with my PowerBook G4 1.5ghz machine, then running a cable from that to a VGA data projector that work has (not sure of the model as its out at our Burwood site right now) but does this sound workable to you, like are there any settings/things I need to do in OS X to make this work? I've used this system before with PC laptops and its worked but want to ask this question here now so I am prepared. Thanks for any help you guys can give me...

Glen

sfcoy
3rd March 2005, 01:57 PM
The only gotcha I can think of is to ensure that your presentation works on a 640 x 480 screen, because a lot of VGA projectors are limited to this.

Steve C.

ARB
3rd March 2005, 02:59 PM
No, this should work fine. Even if the projector isn't up to 1024x768 or 800x600 output, your Powerbook should recognise this and reduce the resolution of the output accordingly.

Most projectors built in the last few years should be at least 800x600.

Good luck with the presentation!

jy6
3rd March 2005, 03:06 PM
It will work. Just remember the plug the projector into the VGA adaptor first before plugging it all into the Powerbook.

I learnt that the hard way (embarassingly).