PDA

View Full Version : Question about iChat Theater

BoxDog
3rd December 2007, 10:44 AM
Hi guys

Sorry if this has been discussed/asked before but a search yielded no results. I haven't got many friends yet alone friends with Leopard so I havent been able to try it out for myself yet but curious about iChat Theater in Leopard.

Over at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304767 it says that you can have "lots" of people in an IM conference, 10 people audio and 4 people video. But how about iChat Theater? http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iChat/4.0/en/11877.html#top seems to insinuate that you can only have a 1-on-1, ie 2 way presentation. is this correct?

Thanks -Steve

something2sea
3rd December 2007, 11:13 AM
My understanding indicates that it is one-on-one only, but don't take that as fact though.

Sambo
3rd December 2007, 11:16 AM
I think Disko, Dana and Currawong were testing it. (iirc correctly from the podcast) Currawong said all three of them were just dumping any files they could find into ichat and most were working to all of them. So that's 3 way chat ticked off the list. You might need a lot more bandwidth to do more though.

BrettJohn
3rd December 2007, 12:19 PM
i can get 4 on video chat but haven't tried ichat theatre with that many people as yet

BoxDog
3rd December 2007, 04:33 PM
Interesting! I have to find 4 other friends to see if I can break the 4-person video limit in Theater. Who's keen?

lurka
3rd December 2007, 05:39 PM
Interesting! I have to find 4 other friends to see if I can break the 4-person video limit in Theater. Who's keen?

yeah why not

lurka@mac.com

silverdreamer
3rd December 2007, 06:17 PM

I'm in, silverdreamer@mac.com

will it go in the Guiness Book?:p

BrettJohn
3rd December 2007, 06:42 PM
yep..i'm in...i want to break some records lol

BoxDog
3rd December 2007, 07:02 PM
Cool. Add me .. I'm ommadawn@gmail.com..