PDA

View Full Version : Windows on MB or MBP - right click how?

snark
2nd December 2007, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking of getting a MacBook, or more likely a MacBook Pro to replace my Mini - I'm tired of being tied to the desk.
I intend to run either Bootcamp or a VM to run Windows, which I occasionally need to do for work. So on hardware that only has one button, how do you right click when in Windows?

Domenic
2nd December 2007, 06:00 PM
On a Macbook, don't you tap once on the little finger pad thing for left click, and tapped with two fingers for right click? I gather that's what you would do in Windows, right?

denwol
2nd December 2007, 06:04 PM
or two fingers on the pad and click the button

james the 2nd
2nd December 2007, 06:04 PM
ctrl key + click

rickyd
2nd December 2007, 06:13 PM
ctrl key + click

That's only for Macs (I think).

I'm pretty sure the double click thing is hardwired in. Double check here, with Apple or on something like the Apple Discussions board.

Ricky.

snark
2nd December 2007, 07:45 PM
Ok, I'll look in the Apple forums.

If anyone here is actually running Windows on a MBP, please put that in your post, thanks.

P

semaja2
2nd December 2007, 08:22 PM
It says in the Leopard Bootcamp set that you use two fingers to right click. but there are heaps of utilities out there on google to allow ctl+click etc

LCGuy
2nd December 2007, 10:52 PM
As others said, two fingers on the trackpad, and click. Its *really* weird at first, but you get used to it.

Comet
2nd December 2007, 11:58 PM
Two fingers and a click. Now I keep doing that on my thinkpad, then realise theres another button for that...

snark
3rd December 2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for your responses - it would be good if Apple put two buttons instead of one, but I guess there's a snowflake's chance in hell of that happening.;)

dolbinau
3rd December 2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks for your responses - it would be good if Apple put two buttons instead of one, but I guess there's a snowflake's chance in hell of that happening

I think it could happen, look at the mighty mouse.

thebookfreak58
3rd December 2007, 08:43 PM
Two fingers and a click. Now I keep doing that on my thinkpad, then realise theres another button for that...

I do that to when I use my parents Compaq! Except I do the two-finger tap....

kevin7
4th December 2007, 08:33 AM
so, u can't do the right click with mighty mouse?

gameon
4th December 2007, 08:38 AM
u can with mighty mouse

Currawong
4th December 2007, 08:46 AM
In a virtual machine, you can set how you right click. It's usually control-click.

Hamsmyth
4th December 2007, 09:52 AM
You can with the mighty mouse, but not as default. You have to allow it in system prefs first.

dolbinau
4th December 2007, 03:13 PM
Maybe in future laptops we'll see the same kind of 'touch sensitive areas' for left click/right-clic.

someguy
7th December 2007, 09:35 PM
Dowload input remapper and set it to whatever you want it to.

timothy
7th December 2007, 10:00 PM
i use a crappy logitech mouse, the right click is very much the right click. scroll wheel is a scroll wheel. macs are very usb friendly. any mouse or printer or camera etc...
get a fancy mouse...