PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro Delay

macarthurit
1st December 2007, 12:22 AM
I recently ordered a MBP 17" with the 2.6GHz Santa Clara chip set through a dealer. Nearly 4 weeks later, still waiting for it to arrive. Is this typical, excessive or not even worth worrying about yet?

scokim
1st December 2007, 05:15 AM
The Apple online stores is a good indicator of the shipping time. At the moment, it's within 24hrs.

Some of the members here are mac dealers. Perhaps they can advise.

halledise
1st December 2007, 05:23 AM
I recently ordered a MBP 17" with the 2.6GHz Santa Clara chip set through a dealer. Nearly 4 weeks later, still waiting for it to arrive. Is this typical, excessive or not even worth worrying about yet?

it's excessive!
online store delivers day after purchase - sorry reseller ppl, but it's true

(that said, Santa Clara is not yet released but Santa Rosa is out.)

scokim
1st December 2007, 07:34 AM
Do resellers stack orders when it comes to IT equip ?

BrettJohn
1st December 2007, 09:45 AM
i had to wait 6 weeks for my MacBook Pro through a reseller (Mac1).

if i purchased through the Apple online store it would've only taken a week or two.

hang in there. the wait sucks but it's worth it :)

macarthurit
1st December 2007, 12:43 PM
Yes, Apple Store says 2-3 business days for the Santa Rosa (not Clara oops!) option. However I have been told that changes when you get your shopping cart to the check-out.

I've also ordered an 30" Display, airport Extreme, back-up drive (for Time Machine) - all of which have already come in - so I'm keen to get going. Now waiting on a reply from Apple - love the product, but the company...

BrettJohn
1st December 2007, 02:46 PM
congrats on the display...they're a thing of beauty.

make sure you get some true HD video to watch on it. just to see how great it looks on the high res screen :thumbup:

macarthurit
1st December 2007, 05:05 PM
congrats on the display...they're a thing of beauty.

make sure you get some true HD video to watch on it. just to see how great it looks on the high res screen :thumbup:

Yeah, really looking forward to that. Do you know how I should connect my MBP to my Dolby Digital 5.1 amp?

BrettJohn
1st December 2007, 05:47 PM
wouldn't you just connect it using the headphone jack?
that's how i have my set up running

macarthurit
4th December 2007, 03:57 PM
wouldn't you just connect it using the headphone jack?
that's how i have my set up running

I don't know - does that give you a 5.1 signal?

elastic_band
4th December 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, really looking forward to that. Do you know how I should connect my MBP to my Dolby Digital 5.1 amp?

you can get a toslink cable (xtreme mac make a good one) then use the mini jack adapter to connect your headphone jack to your surround sound system

Macs have optical audio out capable of 5.1 surround

macarthurit
7th December 2007, 09:25 PM
you can get a toslink cable (xtreme mac make a good one) then use the mini jack adapter to connect your headphone jack to your surround sound system

Macs have optical audio out capable of 5.1 surround

Great - thought that would be the case - just checking.

Well, nearly five weeks now and still no goodies. I have been told it has left Apple and is on it's way to the dealer. The message did not say which division of Apple it has left, so I still don't know when it's going to arrive.

Patience is a virtue - but I am virtually out of it...

pengu
9th December 2007, 12:37 AM
you ordered a BTO mac. i've never had a BTO model come in any less than 3 weeks. current MBP (2.4ghz, 4gb RAM, hi-res 17" LCD) was 3 weeks. my g5 2ghz (when the 6800 Ultra came out) was about 6 weeks from memory - i believe it was one of the first 6800 G5's in the state..

tonyberinson
9th December 2007, 09:35 AM
Does anyone have an update on the new MacBook Pro's?

I dont want to current model - if a new one is coming - and was told they were going to be available in 2008.

Any ideas?

msoon2k
11th December 2007, 03:13 AM
what's in the santa clara chip set? is it quad core or something?

mac_it
16th December 2007, 10:56 PM
Does anyone have an update on the new MacBook Pro's?

I dont want to current model - if a new one is coming - and was told they were going to be available in 2008.

Any ideas?

Hadn't heard - personally I hope not as I have now received my MBP. Would be nice if it stayed top of the line for at least a few months!