PDA

View Full Version : 10.5.1 Mac Pro vs Oxford FireWire External HDD...

Arkhum_Eramak
30th November 2007, 06:56 PM
I have an Ice Cube FireWire external (using the Oxford...511? Whichever the earlier one was). Anyways - not prolific crap. I store all my DVD Disk Images on this drive. As of a few days ago the drive now automatically relieves itself of its duties - initiating random ejects from the system. Well, I should say, it randomly disconnects from the system and brings up the 'did not remove device' warning after about ten minutes of Finder-hang bliss. I installed 10.5.1 on release and haven't had any problems until now. I have not updated any software, installed anything, I just got into work as I normally do, had some dups to do, and BAM, drive keeps going away, and I keep getting frisbees. Sometimes it is fine. Other times the drive wont even stay connected long enough to transfer even one Disk Image.

I've checked the connections, my other FireWire port doesn't crap out so not a FW issue, the cables are all tight...I am at a loss as to why it is doing it. Can anyone either shed some light on a probably cause, or tell me where to look for the trouble? Or should I just buy a FireWire 800 IceCube II and be done with it?