PDA

View Full Version : burn folder not seeing disc

swoffa
30th November 2007, 06:55 AM
Hiyall,

I have the previous model 24" with tiger and latest updates.

This morning I copied some files into a burn folder, hit the burn button, and was told to put a disc in. There was already a disc there. I took that disc out and put another in, same deal.

I even followed the help instructions :) and still nothing.

I resorted to toast and viola. Why would toast burn to the disc and not the os :confused:

swoffa
2nd December 2007, 12:54 PM
bump....

swoffa
5th December 2007, 05:06 AM
re bump.... anyone ?

kaisersozay
5th December 2007, 05:49 AM
Had this problem with my iMac. The solution may not be the same for you, but I'll explain anyway.
Toast is activated when a blank disk is inserted. That apparently overrides the Burn Folder action.
I had to make sure Toast quit. Eject disk. Ask Finder Menu to Burn, then insert blank disk when asked and all was OK.

Aa
5th December 2007, 07:28 AM
I concur with the kaiser.

Burning is still a messy business in 10.4, particularly with toast installed. You'll probably find you have discs still on your desktop after ejecting them also.

swoffa
5th December 2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, though I didn't have toast open when I was trying this. I'd previously told the OS not to do anything when a disc was inserted(via that little popup box)

edit : spelling

kaisersozay
5th December 2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, though I didn't have toast open when I was trying this. I'd previously told the OS not to do anything when a disc was inserted(via that little popup box)

edit : spelling
Not quite clear about the 'OS and the little pop up box'
It isn't necessary to have Toast open if your System Preferences have it selected (and I assume you have selected Ignore as in the image...)
http://bachbeautyclinic.com/images.2/CD_DVDs.png

If this is your set up, I have run out of ideas. If not, Toast will probably open. No surprise, there, as it is the default. Can you post a pic of your 'pop up box'?
Not trying to be pedantic, just looking to help.

swoffa
6th December 2007, 05:50 AM
Bad terminology I guess, and this explination probably wont be any better I'm afraid :)
What I meant was the burn folder is controlled by the operating system, and you guessed what I meant by the popup box(image below)
Much the same as you have in your screen shot

http://myskitch.com/swoffa/cds___dvds-20071206-064924.jpg

off topic. geez I love skitch :)