PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Finder Behaviour

dantheman65
25th November 2007, 01:04 PM
Hey guys,

I'm noticing some bizarre finder behaviour. If I try to browse through any folders on the HDD it loads each new one in a new window so by the time I get to my destination folder it's opened about 5 finder windows. I checked the preferences and 'always open folders in a new window' isn't checked.

If I browse through an external firewire HDD or USB drive it doesn't have the same problem. Strange.

Anybody know whats up?

RGSX12
25th November 2007, 01:14 PM
Yes. Do you have your window collapsed? If so, this will make it behave that way.

It looks like this:
http://i8.tinypic.com/8adaj5u.png

mjankor
25th November 2007, 03:00 PM
It's a bug. I've reported it and hopefully it will be fixed soon. You'll find if you hold down the option key I think it will work the way it should.

dantheman65
26th November 2007, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the help.

It behaves the same way whether the window is collapsed or not. Another interesting thing I noticed is that it doesn't occur if you browse a folder located on the desktop or an alias to a folder elsewhere on your system.

So definitely a bug?

Currawong
26th November 2007, 09:51 AM
You might be able to fix this by going into your user folder -> Library -> Preferences and delete com.apple.Finder.plist and forcefully restarting the Finder (use Force Quit from the Apple menu).

dantheman65
26th November 2007, 12:52 PM
It's working now - I didn't change anything at all. Very bizarre.